Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duplicate Albums

For many years I was running LMS on an old Win7 box with minimal issues. That computer gave up it's ghost a couple of weeks ago and I moved LMS to a Win10 machine. Again, it's been working fine. Currently running LMS 7.9.2 -1564788734.

Since I usually listen to Internet radio stations on my Touch and Radio, I hadn't looked at any of my music since the relocation of LMS to the new machine. But I did today and I notice that every album is showing twice. The first thing I did was to "clear library and rescan everything." When that didn't change anything I ran "Clean cache folder, including media library database, artwork cache, etc. That too changed nothing.

At this point I'm looking for suggestions on why I'm seeing dupes, and how to remove them.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    For many years I was running LMS on an old Win7 box with minimal issues. That computer gave up it's ghost a couple of weeks ago and I moved LMS to a Win10 machine. Again, it's been working fine. Currently running LMS 7.9.2 -1564788734.

Since I usually listen to Internet radio stations on my Touch and Radio, I hadn't looked at any of my music since the relocation of LMS to the new machine. But I did today and I notice that every album is showing twice. The first thing I did was to "clear library and rescan everything." When that didn't change anything I ran "Clean cache folder, including media library database, artwork cache, etc. That too changed nothing.

At this point I'm looking for suggestions on why I'm seeing dupes, and how to remove them.

Thanks.
    In the LMS web interface, if you drill down to a track's details (and it's duplicate) it will give you an idea of their locations.

Name:  dupes.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  60.9 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    In the LMS web interface, if you drill down to a track's details (and it's duplicate) it will give you an idea of their locations.
    Good tip - Thanks.

From your screenshot it looks like you've got the "Show Info" plugin running. Is this Erland's plugin? I wasn't using it, but found it and installed it and I still only see the track listing for the albums. I don't see any of the info showing in your shot under the album artwork. (Great album, btw.)
    Name:  2019-09-27_16-05-02.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  93.7 KB

Clicking on the track title should give you the information...

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Good tip - Thanks.

From your screenshot it looks like you've got the "Show Info" plugin running. Is this Erland's plugin? I wasn't using it, but found it and installed it and I still only see the track listing for the albums. I don't see any of the info showing in your shot under the album artwork. (Great album, btw.)
    Name:  2019-09-27_16-05-02.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  93.7 KB

I don't use any of Erland's plugins.
    You need to click on one of the tracks.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Click on the track name and it should take you to the details for that track of which one of the items should be the location of where the track is on your drive.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I don't use any of Erland's plugins.
    You need to click on one of the tracks.
    Ahhh ... silly me. Thanks again.
    I now see what the problem is... all my music is stored on a NAS, which is mapped to drive letter Z. One location path for each album is Z and the other is the IP of the NAS.

Should be easy enough to fix. And I found a great little feature of LMS that I didn't know existed.

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by phred; 2019-09-27 at 13:45.

Ahhh ... silly me. Thanks again.
    I now see what the problem is... all my music is stored on a NAS, which is mapped to drive letter Z. One location path for each album is Z and the other is the IP of the NAS.

Should be easy enough to fix. And I found a great little feature of LMS that I didn't know existed.

Thanks very much.
    And don't forget the playlists. I had "duplicate" tracks on some albums, because some playlists had old (but still valid) paths to the files.
    QLMS 7.9.3@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    And don't forget the playlists. I had "duplicate" tracks on some albums, because some playlists had old (but still valid) paths to the files.
    This is not turning out to be as easy as I thought it would be. Playlists are not an issue. There's only one of each.

It's the actual music files that are being duplicated. As stated previously, one set is coming from Z:\ and the other is coming from \\192.168.x.xxx. Which are the same location. Z:\ is the IP mapped as a drive letter. From the LMS console I have unchecked the music folder (it was showing as the IP) and did a rescan, which removed all the files. I then entered the IP of the NAS and did another scan and now there are no dupes.

Thanks to all who provided advice.

This is not turning out to be as easy as I thought it would be. Playlists are not an issue. There's only one of each.

It's the actual music files that are being duplicated. As stated previously, one set is coming from Z:\ and the other is coming from \\192.168.x.xxx. Which are the same location. Z:\ is the IP mapped as a drive letter. From the LMS console I have unchecked the music folder (it was showing as the IP) and did a rescan, which removed all the files. I then entered the IP of the NAS and did another scan and now there are no dupes.

Thanks to all who provided advice.
    What I meant is, if you now use x as a path but some of your playlists still use y, all the files in these playlists will be duplicated, because LMS scans the playlists for files, too.
    QLMS 7.9.3@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4