Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Amazon Streaming Service Announced ..... I'm sure we're interested..........

This looks to be a Great Streaming service at a great price. Especially if you are already a 'Prime User'...

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/17/amazon-launches-amazon-music-hd-with-lossless-audio-streaming/

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    This looks to be a Great Streaming service at a great price. Especially if you are already a 'Prime User'...

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/17/amazon-launches-amazon-music-hd-with-lossless-audio-streaming/
    Too bad they use a closed, proprietary API, and also use erroneous and misleading advertising pics (borrowed from Sony).

Name:  Screenshot from 2019-09-18 07-17-34.png
Views: 446
Size:  149.2 KB
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    Too bad they use a closed, proprietary API, and also use erroneous and misleading advertising pics (borrowed from Sony).

Name:  Screenshot from 2019-09-18 07-17-34.png
Views: 446
Size:  149.2 KB
    I gave it a (free) try this morning. I was a little bit confused initially by the term HD Music, which is Amazon's definition of CD Quality 16 bit/44.1kHz resolution. It's a generous 90 day free trial but I've already cancelled mine as I already have everything it offers.
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

I have given this a trial and have to say the quality of the music is excellent . Once you find the little widget that switches on the quality information you can see the standard the track is recorded at the standard your equipment can cope with and the quality of what is actually playing . The price is at least reasonable and having compred the CD quality tracks to my own CD Quality Flac rips of the same track I have been unable to hear any noticable difference in any of them .

Only real issue that is likely to make me cancel at the end of the trial is the fact that you can not get an APP/Plugin that will work with LMS so that i can stream the music to all my systems rather than just to a single one with a Fire TV box as the source as currently .

I would love Amazon to take this seriously and increase the appeal of this to all those with current network systems or even if someone (much brighter than I am) could develop a plug in but it does not look like this will happen any time soon so will just have to enjoy for the 90 days.
    System - Concordant Exhilirant Valve Pre , SBT Triode EDO,Toolbox 3.0 , Theta Data Basic II Transport , Perpetual Technology P-1a,P-3a,Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core,Krell KSA50 MK 1 .

For the moment, I'm considering using WaveInput to make this available to my points of playback.

No integration of control, but that may never happen unless the offer a publicly available API.
    Michael Graves

House: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, M-Audio BX5As
    Home Office: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, M-Audio BX5A D2, Berhringer B2092A subwoofer
    Workshop: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, Alesis M520 Active
    Back Yard: HiFiBerryOS on Pi3, Dayton Amp, Definitive Tech AW6500s
    Front Yard: SB3, SMSL Q5 Amp, Definitive Tech AW5500s
    LMS via PiCorePlayer on Pi4

email: mgraves <at> mstvp.com
    blog: http://www.mgraves.org