Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer can't contact pCP repo.

My LMS is running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with piCorePlayer v5.0.1. It has a wired connection to the router.
    LMS is notifying me of a new LMS version, but when I attempt to download and install it via the pCP web interface it fails to download. I also notice that the pCP repo can't be accessed, nor can I ssh into the Pi.
    This isn't massively urgent as the server is working fine just now, but I wonder where the problem lies - with the rPi, my LAN, or with the repo itself. Any advice as to where to look or how to sort this out?

Robert
    Last edited by Grumpy Bob; 2019-09-22 at 02:19.
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Lms is downloaded from a Logitech server, so itĺs different than the pcp repo. In that it knows there is a new version, it must be getting to the Logitech servers.

Can you give more specific info about what error messages are shown.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Lms is downloaded from a Logitech server, so itĺs different than the pcp repo. In that it knows there is a new version, it must be getting to the Logitech servers.

Can you give more specific info about what error messages are shown.
    piCirePlayer identifies a new nightly version of LMS. The there seems to be a problem downloading it - I snipped this off the piCorePlayer web interface:

Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (151.101.16.133:443)
    wget: error getting response: Connection reset by peer
    Download FAILED......Please Check or Relauch script with with -s option!
    Seems to me that the Pi is failing to access https sites such as the piCorePlayer repository and github. It's also refusing ssh connections. In the meantime I've burnt a new SD card and set the server up with that, and this works fine.

Robert
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Obviously SSL got messed up somehow.....but not sure how. I've never seen that.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Obviously SSL got messed up somehow.....but not sure how. I've never seen that.
    Yes, it's weird!

I've been using piCorePlayer for years with a variety of Raspberry Pi models and never seen this. Anyway, I'm back up and running - doesn't take long to set up from scratch. piCorePlayer is a really fantastic piece of software.

Robert

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob