Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

lms ip address selection on computer with multiple nics

I have a windows 10 machine running lms. I use cisco anyconnect secure mobility client to connect to resources at work. My lms works fine using the address of my pc until I connect to the vpn, at which time it immediately changes to the vpn ip address, which is not reachable from my internal network. Does anyone know if it's possible to statically assign the network adapter or ip address that the lms will use? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tedbutler View Post
    I have a windows 10 machine running lms. I use cisco anyconnect secure mobility client to connect to resources at work. My lms works fine using the address of my pc until I connect to the vpn, at which time it immediately changes to the vpn ip address, which is not reachable from my internal network. Does anyone know if it's possible to statically assign the network adapter or ip address that the lms will use? Thanks in advance.
    I suggest that you check with the IT people at your company. My experience is that professional VPN connections to company networks is always landing at your PC/laptop as endpont and as such it "steals" the NIC address and connection. I e, it is not possible to have dual NIC functionality (two networks at the same time) on your PC/laptop. It will probably also affect your ability to use your own LAN attached printers at home when connected to work.

Then again, I may be totally off here. Talk to the IT people at your company. They may have a solution for you.
    2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer 5.0.0 on RaspBerry 3B, 1 RasbBerry Zero running Raspian and Squeezelite 1.8
    LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.3 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB
    All wired

Try modifying the command line used to start it up to include

--httpaddr => Activate the web interface on the specified IP address.
    --cliaddr => Activate the command line interface TCP/IP interface on the specified IP address.

e.g. --httpaddr 192.169.0.1 --cliaddr 192.168.0.1
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Once upon a time I had a client that would take "close the pipe" when I VPN'd to their network. I could not access anything from my PC other than the clients systems as long as my VPN connection was active with the client. My solution was to run a virtual machine on my PC that I would use when I connected to that client. This made it so I could use my PC for whatever I wanted and the VM would handle access to the client network without affecting my regular PC.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Anyconnect can be configured to deny local connections. Guess your it is enforcing it (and I totally understand that)

Either ask them to allow split connections or use a separate system (raspberry) for music
    sent from a computer using a keyboard