Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! New router isuues

I set up a new ASUS router yesterday and I am having issues with all of my Squeezeboxes both wired and wireless.

All SBs state that they cannot connect to my LMS instance (running on Synology NAS). However, iPeng can see it and the connected players that state they cannot connect. Using iPeng or the LMS login via a PC I can play music on a selected player but the player's display does not change and remains on home menu (or whatever the last menu page was physically selected on the unit). So it seems that the players are now somehow blocked from seeing LMS but using iPeng I can send music to the players. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to resolve this please?

I have reset the router multiple times along with turning everything off and on again and I can view the LMS server and all settings via my PC and all looks to be correct (nothing has been changed in the settings since installing new router). I am completely stumped!

TIA

HB
    Last edited by HeadBanger; 2019-09-01 at 04:12.
    1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology DS2419+ and LMS 7.9.2 (pinkdot)

Does sound odd.
    Is the new router at the same IP address as the old one?
    Does your LMS server have the same IP address as it used to have?

Forcing one of the hardware players to reset might be easiest.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...et_and_Last_FW
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

This is not likely the problem, but double check that on the Touch players (which is what I assume you have given they have a display and you can use them to control), make sure the selected player is the actual physical unit. That is, a TOUCH can also be used as a controller for another player, so its display would relate to the other player, not the TOUCH itself.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Thanks for the replies.

Server IP is the same and the players are physically set to control themselves rather than another. Iíve tried resetting too - same result. Players say they canít see LMS but I can send music to them via LMS on a browser or iPeng.

It is really odd - never experienced anything like it! I am going to try an older firmware on the router next.

HB
    1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology DS2419+ and LMS 7.9.2 (pinkdot)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Server IP is the same and the players are physically set to control themselves rather than another. Iíve tried resetting too - same result. Players say they canít see LMS but I can send music to them via LMS on a browser or iPeng.

It is really odd - never experienced anything like it! I am going to try an older firmware on the router next.

HB
    I wonder if the new router has blocked ports 3483 and/or 9000.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Thatís what I thought initially too but a router shouldnít do this for internal LAN traffic should it?

I cannot see any settings in the router GUI to change on ports.

HB

Thatís what I thought initially too but a router shouldnít do this for internal LAN traffic should it?

I cannot see any settings in the router GUI to change on ports.

HB
    I wouldnít expect the server to necessarily change IP but does the new router have the same address as old?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Yes, same static IP address as previous. I logged in and checked the Synology and it states same as the router assigned static IP.
    HB

Yes, same static IP address as previous. I logged in and checked the Synology and it states same as the router assigned static IP.
    HB
    Might be at cross purposes
    If the old router was 192.168.1.1 itself then is the new router the same. Not the Synology static ip
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Might be at cross purposes
    If the old router was 192.168.1.1 itself then is the new router the same. Not the Synology static ip
    Might not be the issue here but when I installed a new router my zonealarm firewall on Windows decided it was a public network rather than private. I assume a NAS doesn't have a software firewall.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk