X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InvalidUserName
    • Feb 2019

Think I've killed my Touch following upgrade

Hi all,
    About a week ago I upgraded LMS to the latest version. All seemed to be going well, until I installed Spotty. Spotify couldn't find the Touch on the wifi, then I realised the Touch wasn't connecting to the network. Cycled the power, no difference, then read the forums for anything similar, but couldn't see anything. Performed a hard reset, and now have a Touch that displays "Free your music", then takes me to the language selection screen. Select a language, beeps, nothing. Select another language, same result. Have I killed it, or is there some way of restoring the firmware to an earlier or factory version?
    Thanks
    Craig
  • Apesbrain
    • Jun 2005

The current firmware is here:

Touch is "fab4.bin". Copy it to a blank USB key and insert in rear of Touch. If Touch were functional, you'd select Settings > Advanced > Software update. In your case, I'd do a "Factory Reset" by holding the button above ethernet port on rear of Touch until you see a message on screen. Hopefully, it will detect and reload the firmware. I'm not completely sure about that last part, so you may want to hold off until you get more advice. In any case, if you try it I doubt you'll be in any worse situation.

In the event the problem is with the Touch's onboard wifi, you might first try resetting the Touch while connected via ethernet. If this works, you have options.

Comment

• InvalidUserName
      • Feb 2019

Hi
      I've connected it via ethernet, now sits merrily telling me it's "verifying ethernet connection". It appears I've lost the ability to connect in any way. Unless anyone has anything to add I'll give Apesbrain suggestion a go.

Comment

• pacient
        • Aug 2014

Experienced the same issue recently with my Touch.
        Any progress regarding this disaster?

Comment

• Fizbin
          • Jan 2013

Older firmware will give the Touch the ability to bypass the language screen by pressing HOME on the remote. For some reason the latest firmware doesn't allow that.

Comment

• KeBul
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by pacient
            Experienced the same issue recently with my Touch.
            Any progress regarding this disaster?
            Try a new PSU? failing ones have been known to cause issues.

Kev

Comment

• garym
              • May 2008

Originally posted by InvalidUserName
              Have I killed it, or is there some way of restoring the firmware to an earlier or factory version?
              Thanks
              Craig
              The Touch firmware has been the same for about 5 years. Your install of 7.9.2 likely didn't update the firmware on the Touch, unless you were updating LMS from a REALLY OLD version of LMS.
              Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
              Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
              Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
              The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
              Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
              Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Working...