Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Two Logitech Transporter SE's (NO KNOB) for sale

In a strange twist of events I decided to keep my Transporters. (Nobody contacted me, so no disappointments)
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2019-09-17 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    In a strange twist of events I decided to keep my Transporters. (Nobody contacted me, so no disappointments)
    Thank you for removing that temptation. :-)
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.com/
    (which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Quote Originally Posted by peterw View Post
    Thank you for removing that temptation. :-)
    Yeah...I almost pulled the trigger, but really I don't need another player

I was tempted ... but shipping to UK was a barrier for me.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

So far I can't find anything that sounds better than the Transporter. I thought I had it this time. It was an RME ADI-2 DAC. I loved this DAC and some how tricked myself into thinking it sounded better. (Probably a bias thing). So after my comparisons I boxed up the Transporters and put them on ebay. A day later I sat down and listened to my nice new DAC and BOOM...something wasn't right. Everything sounded clinical. I kept turning up the sound but everything sounded boomy and fatiguing. (Cymbals, for example, were very bright).

So I ran to one of my boxed Transporters and dug it out, reinstalled LMS and played the same tracks and everything sounded right again. The problem with the RME is it has very poor midrange, which is why I had the urge to keep turning it up higher than I normally play music. (Yes, RME/Transporter were level matched). I'm not the first one to report this with regards to the RME.

Anyway, I have no problem with the Squeezebox platform or the Transporter but I do almost all my listening with headphones now and would prefer a USB DAC setup. But as long as the Transporter keeps blowing away the other DAC's I try, I will keep it. (And the backup)

I'm assuming the RME ADI-2 DAC is not also a streamer. So what would you use as the streamer in place of the Transporter? A TOUCH or rPi with Squeezelite or ????. Some people use the Transporter but then connect it digitally to another DAC.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Migrating to a USB DAC has proved difficult in the SQ department so I'll be streaming with the Transporter for the foreseeable future.

Migrating to a USB DAC has proved difficult in the SQ department so I'll be streaming with the Transporter for the foreseeable future.
    But what were you going to use to stream to the USB DAC?
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

I just connect my PC to the USB DAC. That's what I use to control the TP as well. I"m just an old fashioned guy

I just connect my PC to the USB DAC. That's what I use to control the TP as well. I"m just an old fashioned guy
    aha. So the PC is the streamer.