Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck@ View Post
    Do you have an idea ?
    Not really.

Perhaps there are two problems:

The server.log indicates some kind of issue when full text scanning. It might be worth stopping LMS and deleting /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/library.db. Then restart and try again.

The syslog suggests some kind of character code/unicode issue with your ntfs set up, or with the file names on disk, or perhaps the text in the cue files.

I have never used ntfs, or ntfs-3g, and I don't know what is required by way of fstab set up, nor when that particular error message comes up and what it might be indicating.

The file name in question doesn't look particularly challenging, but there are two ways of saying 'Ŕ' (and many other characters) in unicode which can be the source of great frustration if there are mismatches somewhere along the line. (Unicode NFC versus Unicode NFD). Could it be that your cue file has something in NFD when the file name is actually in NFC ? Or vice versa ? Just a wild thought.

Edit:
    Additional wild thought: Might your cue file be in ISO-8859-.. with file names in unicode ?
    Last edited by mrw; 2019-09-15 at 09:46.

Just a couple of questions/observations:

/etc/fstab
    Code:
    #LABEL=SAMSUNG /media/SAMSUNG ntfs defaults,nofail,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=000,nls=utf8,utf8 0 0
    LABEL=SAMSUNG /media/SAMSUNG ntfs defaults,auto,users,rw,nofail,umask=000 0 0
    Why is the first entry commented out? Have you tried the entry with nls=utf8 in it? The 'active' entry doesn't include a char encoding.

You say you've installed ntfs-3g, but it only says ntfs in your fstab file.

(Fwiw, I run LMS on a Pi3 B+ on Raspbian using an NTFS disk and have lots of files with accented chars in, from several languages, and haven't encountered a scanning problem, so I think you should be optimistic about being able to get it work... eventually :-)
    Last edited by SpiderJon; 2019-09-15 at 14:39.

Try adding locale=fr_FR.UTF-8 to the options in fstab
    Things to check:
    Identify what encoding the cue file is in (e.g. with file). If it isn't UTF-8, convert it with e.g. iconv and try with this file.
    Make sure you're using a UTF-8 capable terminal (e.g. putty need to be configured for it iirc), grep for the file name in the cue file, and then copy/paste the file name directly from the output as an argument for ls - does this work?
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Not really.

Perhaps there are two problems:

The server.log indicates some kind of issue when full text scanning. It might be worth stopping LMS and deleting /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/library.db. Then restart and try again.

The syslog suggests some kind of character code/unicode issue with your ntfs set up, or with the file names on disk, or perhaps the text in the cue files.

I have never used ntfs, or ntfs-3g, and I don't know what is required by way of fstab set up, nor when that particular error message comes up and what it might be indicating.

The file name in question doesn't look particularly challenging, but there are two ways of saying 'Ŕ' (and many other characters) in unicode which can be the source of great frustration if there are mismatches somewhere along the line. (Unicode NFC versus Unicode NFD). Could it be that your cue file has something in NFD when the file name is actually in NFC ? Or vice versa ? Just a wild thought.

Edit:
    Additional wild thought: Might your cue file be in ISO-8859-.. with file names in unicode ?
    Thanks a lot mrw!

Your remarks forced me to have a fresh look at the problem ... problem solved now! You saved my weekend! I did not work for nothing!

To search too much, I lost myself alone ... I looked in the wrong direction by insisting on the NTFS disk while the problem came from .cue files.

In fact, solutions like Max2Play or piCorePlayer have huge benefits. They allow many beginners like me to easily discover the LMS solution. When, a few years ago, I burned my Squeezebox Touch using a bad power supply, these solutions allowed me to continue enjoying my music.

That said, these solutions also have some small drawbacks. They make lazy! For several years, I let everything work without ever reading a log file. If I did, I would have seen that the error messages that occupied my weekend have always been present.

When I started ripping my CDs, I used to systematically generate a .cue file and store it in a subdirectory. By simple security, not intending to use them ... These .cue files have become completely obsolete. (My music files have been renamed in the meantime.)

By deleting the .cue files and /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/library.db, all the error messages disappeared, both in the LMS logs and in the syslog file. It's magic ... and unexpected at the end of the weekend.

Indirect consequence: the scan of the library is now much faster.

Thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    Just a couple of questions/observations:

Why is the first entry commented out? Have you tried the entry with nls=utf8 in it? The 'active' entry doesn't include a char encoding.

You say you've installed ntfs-3g, but it only says ntfs in your fstab file.

(Fwiw, I run LMS on a Pi3 B+ on Raspbian using an NTFS disk and have lots of files with accented chars in, from several languages, and haven't encountered a scanning problem, so I think you should be optimistic about being able to get it work... eventually :-)
    Thanks for the encouragement SpiderJon.

There is a commented line in the file fstab, because I spent the day trying multiple syntaxes, not knowing where to look. In my last tests, I simply returned to the configuration proposed here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...nal-storage.md

I used the keyword "ntfs" in the fstab file because the single site fstab manpage "ntfs" (not "ntfs-3g") and I found many examples on the internet with "ntfs" ( without "-3g"). I do not know if I did well.

However, I installed the package "ntfs-3g" :
    Code:
    pi@pisalon:~ $ dpkg --status ntfs-3g
    Package: ntfs-3g
    Priority: optional
    Section: otherosfs
    Installed-Size: 1256
    Maintainer: Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS) <gcs@debian.org>
    Architecture: armhf
    Version: 1:2017.3.23AR.3-3
    Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17), libgcrypt20 (>= 1.8.0), libgnutls30 (>= 3.6.5), libgpg-error0 (>= 1.14), libntfs-3g883 (= 1:2017.3.23AR.3-3)
    Pre-Depends: fuse
    Description: read/write NTFS driver for FUSE
     NTFS-3G uses FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) to provide support for the NTFS
     filesystem used by Microsoft Windows.
    Homepage: http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/advanced-ntfs-3g.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    Try adding locale=fr_FR.UTF-8 to the options in fstab
    Things to check:
    Identify what encoding the cue file is in (e.g. with file). If it isn't UTF-8, convert it with e.g. iconv and try with this file.
    Make sure you're using a UTF-8 capable terminal (e.g. putty need to be configured for it iirc), grep for the file name in the cue file, and then copy/paste the file name directly from the output as an argument for ls - does this work?
    Thank you for these tips Roland0.
    I'm sure they'll serve me someday. (I would not have thought of doing this.)

Your remarks forced me to have a fresh look at the problem ... problem solved now! You saved my weekend! I did not work for nothing!
    Itĺs always pleasing to learn that one has contributed towards solving a problem. I did not anticipate that wholesale slaughter of your cue files would be part of the solution. But, whatever it takes !