Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Station logo not shown

I have one Squeezebox Classic and two PCP players, one with a Hifiberry DAC+ pro and the official 7" screen and one with a 4.3" touchscreen and a Hifiberry AMP2. I also occasionally use Squeezeplayer on my phone and tablet.

When I add a station to my favorites list with my old Squeezebox classic, it then shows on the favorites list with its logo on all other players. Also when playing that station, the logo is displayed normally.

When I do the same on any of my PCP players, the logo is not shown, not in the favorites list and not when the station is playing.
    Do I need to adjust something in PCP or is this a known problem?

Can you give some examples of stations that exhibit this problem and how you access them ... and what happens if you search for those stations again?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Can you give some examples of stations that exhibit this problem and how you access them ... and what happens if you search for those stations again?
    While preparing an answer I might have found a part of the solution.

Apparently there are two places in the GUI of pcp where you can add a station to the favourites list.
    1. go to "my apps" - select your app e.g.. SomaFm - select a station by long pressing on the screen - a context menu appears - select "save to favorites" - confirm RESULT: station appears in the list with its logo.
    2 go to "my apps" - select your app e.g.. SomaFm - select the station by a light tap on the screen - the station begins to play - select the cross in the upper-right corner - select "save to favorites" - confirm RESULT: station appears in the list without its logo

Perhaps path 2 should be eliminated to avoid confusion.
    Also, stations presented through Shoutcast never seem to have a logo.

But this solves only half of the mystery. Even when the station is in the favourites link with its logo, selecting it to play does not always bring up the logo on the playback screen. Some stations need to be selected a second time, some never show their logo on the playback screen. I attached a little video to show what i mean.<font color="#000000">https://toeternietoe.ddns.net/index....eAWmSmrLkMKozC

While trying to describe what I had done I may have stumbled upon a partial solution.

It appears that you can add to the favourites list in two ways:
    1) go to "my apps" - select the appropriate app e.g. "TuneIn" - select the station you want by long pressing on the name - in the popup select "save to favorites" - confirm RESULT: station appears in the favourites list with its logo.
    2) go to "my apps" - select the appropriate app e.g. "TuneIn" - select the station you want by a quick tap - the station begins to play - press on + sign in the upper right corner - select "save station to favorites" - confirm RESULT: station appears in the favourites list without its logo.

I think it would be better if the second path were to be eliminated. It would avoid confusion.

Also, it appears that stations selected via Shoutcast never present a logo.

However, this only solves half of the mystery.

Even when a station shows its logo in the favourites list, selecting it not always brings up the logo in the playback window. Sometimes you need to select the station a second time for it to become visible. Some stations never show their logo in the playback window. I made a small video that I hope clarifies that a bit better. https://toeternietoe.ddns.net/index....eAWmSmrLkMKozC
    Last edited by Alverman; 2019-09-15 at 12:09.