Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Hi Dave

    Just to be sure you read the section about the 100 song limitation in a play list.
    Yeah, I'm not using playlists on the Touch.
    I like Random Songs. (Except when it picks Christmas music).

    Dave S.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    This mght have nothing to do with the problem but is your USB drive powered from the USB connection (rather than mains power). If so I'd try connecting it via a powered hub, just to eliminate one possibility.

    (I'm always a bit nervous about powering USB hard drives through USB connections - just me.)

    Personally, I'd run LMS on something else and use the Touch as a player, but it's your decision.
    I'd like to do that, but I just can't see a way to get ethernet cable from my computer to the Touch.
    The Touch is on my stereo cabinet which is located against an outside wall.
    Going through the basement doesn't provide an easy way to come back up that wall.

    Dave S.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSch View Post
    I'd like to do that, but I just can't see a way to get ethernet cable from my computer to the Touch.
    The Touch is on my stereo cabinet which is located against an outside wall.
    Going through the basement doesn't provide an easy way to come back up that wall.

    Dave S.
    You don't need to run an Ethernet cable to the Touch. It can connect using WiFi.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You don't need to run an Ethernet cable to the Touch. It can connect using WiFi.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I've tried that and found it unreliable.
    Have you tried it?

    Dave S.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSch View Post
    I've tried that and found it unreliable.
    Have you tried it?

    Dave S.
    My Touch and two Radios are all on WiFi. If WiFi doesn't work well for you could try Homeplugs.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    My Touch and two Radios are all on WiFi. If WiFi doesn't work well for you could try Homeplugs.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I don't know what "Homeplugs" are.

    I'm not saying that wi-fi doesn't reach that part of the house - other wi-fi devices work in that location.
    Perhaps the Touch requires a stronger signal than other devices.

    Dave S.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSch View Post
    I don't know what "Homeplugs" are.

    I'm not saying that wi-fi doesn't reach that part of the house - other wi-fi devices work in that location.
    Perhaps the Touch requires a stronger signal than other devices.

    Dave S.
    "Homeplugs"
    https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ne...to-know-930691
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

    Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,911
    If the OP is using TinyLMS (and not an externa LMS) which is the inbuilt LMS of a Touch - then the problem is most likely the underpowered and memory deficient Touch system.

    IIRC TinyLMS struggles on the Touch as it is only capable of handling relatively small libraries and trying to do Random play on the whole library may be too much for it.

    This post summarises some of the best practice when using TinyLMS (aka TinySB)
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...stering-TinySB
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-09-18 at 15:57.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    170

    Random mix still a playlist

    Hi Dave

    I may be wrong but I believe the 100 song limit still holds for random mix. You might read this.

    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Random_Mix
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 5.0.0, LMS 7.9.2, WD usb drive for Music files
    (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) Duet

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Hi Dave

    I may be wrong but I believe the 100 song limit still holds for random mix. You might read this.

    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Random_Mix
    Thanks for that link, Tex.
    My understanding of that article is that it uses a 100 song playlist to achieve a random mix, and the server manages the list by adding and dropping songs.
    It seems to be describing an earlier version of randomizing, because it talks about finding the function under plugins.
    My menu doesn't have it under plugins.

    Dave S.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •