Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Alarm clock problem

Hi! Im having problem with setting clock alarm on touch. LMS is on mac mini. So, alarm wont play specigic radio station wich i have been choose, but instead it plays some default music alarm. Is there any suggestions please? Thnx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tushma View Post
    Hi! Im having problem with setting clock alarm on touch. LMS is on mac mini. So, alarm wont play specigic radio station wich i have been choose, but instead it plays some default music alarm. Is there any suggestions please? Thnx in advance.
    If you are using WOL your issue probably lies there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you are using WOL your issue probably lies there.

Yes i am. So, no easy solution i supose?

Quote Originally Posted by tushma View Post
    Yes i am. So, no easy solution i supose?
    You could do some tests and watch what happens to your Mac before an alarm goes off. It should stay on after wake up but if it is not then maybe a settings change would force it to stay on. Or you could buy a Pi and run it 24/7.

I don't have a Touch to test this with ... but can you use a URL to a radio stream that the Touch can play without it having to use LMS to either resolve the details or transcode?
    e.g. http://stream.dandelionradio.com:9414
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I have found the Touch to be a bit unnerving as an alarm device. It will do the job, but if I snooze it or turn off the alarm (the two display choices) on the Touch itself, it will go and play some annoying built-in melody until I go to LMS and turn the alarm off. I have since switched to a Boom for alarm duty, and it performs as designed.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9.1
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure 1540

I have menaged something. Setted mac mini wakes up from nap 5 minutes before activating touch alarm. And thats it. Thnx all for suggestions.