Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I took the 3B off the net hence can't check it currently.
    But in case the option "show logs" had to be set to "Yes" then I'm afraid that was not the case.

Just for my understanding: the fact that the media scanning started proofed that mounting was successful, right?
    I'm asking because step 4 from the Syno guide, "performing the mount command", wasn't completed.

Or is that mounting step still somehow required?

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    But in case the option "show logs" had to be set to "Yes" then I'm afraid that was not the case.

Just for my understanding: the fact that the media scanning started proofed that mounting was successful, right?
    I'm asking because step 4 from the Syno guide, "performing the mount command", wasn't completed.

Scanner log from LMS is at LMS > Settings > Information tab > scroll down to bottom of page.

Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  41.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Scanner log from LMS is at LMS > Settings > Information tab > scroll down to bottom of page.

Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  41.3 KB
    Does that mean that logs will be shown although the option in pcp/lms is not set to "Yes"?

Will check the logs in LMS the next time.

Does that mean that logs will be shown although the option in pcp/lms is not set to "Yes"?
    Yes, logs will show in LMS regardless of setting in pCP, that setting is to show logs in pCP.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Oki doki

The fact that LMS could see your folders showed that the disk was mounted.
    Is your Pi wired or wireless?
    While it’s technically possible to run it as an LMS server on a wireless basis it is not a good idea to do so as it may lose connection which can cause the sort of thing you describe.
    If it’s already wired then dig into the scanner logs.
    If it’s wireless switch to wired and start the scan again.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

It is wired.

PCP mounts NAS folder but does not find sub folders or files

Hi guys,
    I searched through the forum and tried whatever I could find but still did not succeed so here is my question.

In the light of LMS not running with the upcoming Synology DSM update I wanted to start using my Pi with PCP (installed and running) as the server and still get the music from the NAS.
    I guess this is a solution that many are using these days.

So I setup everything following the guidelines on PCP homepage and in the forum and got to a point where the PCP LMS can see the uppermost MUSIC folder on my NAS but none of the sub folders or files in there.
    A scan always yields the same results and finds no music.

In the NFS settings on the NAS I have checked the box to allow access to subfolders but that does not seem to have the desired impact.

What else could be wrong or missing?

Thanks and regards,

Merc
    ------------------------
    3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer running the server, music on Synology DS718+
    library ~50.000 titles

HI all,
    so I played around with this some more.

Eventually I changed some of the NFS settings on the NAS.
    In the SQUASH settings I chose:

"Map all users to admin: Assigns access privileges to all users of NFS client equivalent to the admin user access privileges on your system."

previously I had not changed this and had left it to "No mapping".

Once this was changed the LMS on pCp managed to find the folder, subfolders and files and the library scan was successful.

Is this a safe setting? And did anybody else have to set it that way in order to access the NFS folder on a Synology NAS? I had not seen this setting being used before.

Cheers and a happy new year,

Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
    Hi guys,
    I searched through the forum and tried whatever I could find but still did not succeed so here is my question.

In the light of LMS not running with the upcoming Synology DSM update I wanted to start using my Pi with PCP (installed and running) as the server and still get the music from the NAS.
    I guess this is a solution that many are using these days.

So I setup everything following the guidelines on PCP homepage and in the forum and got to a point where the PCP LMS can see the uppermost MUSIC folder on my NAS but none of the sub folders or files in there.
    A scan always yields the same results and finds no music.

In the NFS settings on the NAS I have checked the box to allow access to subfolders but that does not seem to have the desired impact.

What else could be wrong or missing?

Thanks and regards,

Merc
    ------------------------
    3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer running the server, music on Synology DS718+
    library ~50.000 titles

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
    HI all,
    so I played around with this some more.

Eventually I changed some of the NFS settings on the NAS.
    In the SQUASH settings I chose:

"Map all users to admin: Assigns access privileges to all users of NFS client equivalent to the admin user access privileges on your system."

previously I had not changed this and had left it to "No mapping".

Once this was changed the LMS on pCp managed to find the folder, subfolders and files and the library scan was successful.

Is this a safe setting? And did anybody else have to set it that way in order to access the NFS folder on a Synology NAS? I had not seen this setting being used before.

Cheers and a happy new year,

Merc
    Hi

Yes that is exactly what i've just done for the same reasons. Music library on Synology DS918+ (LMS now OFF) and piCorePlayer with LMS running on an ALLO Usbridge Signature Player.Controlled from a tablet. New to the whole pi thing but it's brilliant what the community here is doing.