Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87
  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    248
    I took the 3B off the net hence can't check it currently.
    But in case the option "show logs" had to be set to "Yes" then I'm afraid that was not the case.

    Just for my understanding: the fact that the media scanning started proofed that mounting was successful, right?
    I'm asking because step 4 from the Syno guide, "performing the mount command", wasn't completed.

    Or is that mounting step still somehow required?

  2. #82
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    I took the 3B off the net hence can't check it currently.
    But in case the option "show logs" had to be set to "Yes" then I'm afraid that was not the case.

    Just for my understanding: the fact that the media scanning started proofed that mounting was successful, right?
    I'm asking because step 4 from the Syno guide, "performing the mount command", wasn't completed.

    Or is that mounting step still somehow required?
    Scanner log from LMS is at LMS > Settings > Information tab > scroll down to bottom of page.

    Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  41.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Scanner log from LMS is at LMS > Settings > Information tab > scroll down to bottom of page.

    Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  41.3 KB
    Does that mean that logs will be shown although the option in pcp/lms is not set to "Yes"?

    Will check the logs in LMS the next time.

  4. #84
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Does that mean that logs will be shown although the option in pcp/lms is not set to "Yes"?
    Yes, logs will show in LMS regardless of setting in pCP, that setting is to show logs in pCP.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    248
    Oki doki

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    I took the 3B off the net hence can't check it currently.
    But in case the option "show logs" had to be set to "Yes" then I'm afraid that was not the case.

    Just for my understanding: the fact that the media scanning started proofed that mounting was successful, right?
    I'm asking because step 4 from the Syno guide, "performing the mount command", wasn't completed.

    Or is that mounting step still somehow required?
    The fact that LMS could see your folders showed that the disk was mounted.
    Is your Pi wired or wireless?
    While it’s technically possible to run it as an LMS server on a wireless basis it is not a good idea to do so as it may lose connection which can cause the sort of thing you describe.
    If it’s already wired then dig into the scanner logs.
    If it’s wireless switch to wired and start the scan again.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    248
    It is wired.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •