Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Ralph Edington
    Guest

    One album showing up with no ID3 info in slimserver

    This happens to me all the time. Except that it's always different songs,
    randomly showing up under No Artist/No Album. I'm sure it's a glitch in
    5.4.x. Note that the songs in question always also show up correctly under
    the correct "artist" or "album". Nothing wrong with your tags, no doubt.

    Note that 5.4.x also has a problem keeping track of the total number of
    songs it thinks I have in my library.

    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
    > [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of Marc Sherman
    > Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 4:09 PM
    > To: Slim Devices Discussion
    > Subject: [slim] One album showing up with no ID3 info in slimserver
    >
    >
    > I've got a single album that is showing up as No Artist/Genre/Album in
    > the slimserver and squeezebox, despite having those tags set in the
    > files themselves. All my other tracks work -- it's just this one album
    > that fails.
    >
    > The album is all mp3 files, with id3v2 tags created with the id3v2 tool
    > on Debian (I think it's creating v2.3 tags). Windows Media Player
    > recognizes the tags just fine, but for some reason Slimserver can't see
    > them. Any tips?
    >
    > I'm running slimserver 5.4.0 on Debian Sarge (linux).
    >
    > In case there's something wrong with the tags in the files, I've put one
    > of them up on my website at http://projectile.ca/bad-id3.mp3 . Warning,
    > the file is 4.6MB.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > - Marc
    >

  2. #2
    Marc Sherman
    Guest

    One album showing up with no ID3 info in slimserver

    Ralph Edington wrote:
    > This happens to me all the time. Except that it's always different songs,
    > randomly showing up under No Artist/No Album. I'm sure it's a glitch in
    > 5.4.x. Note that the songs in question always also show up correctly under
    > the correct "artist" or "album". Nothing wrong with your tags, no doubt.


    I've seen that behaviour a couple times, with random songs, but a rescan
    always fixes that immediately.

    This problem is different. It's an entire album, and it persists across
    multiple rescans/wipes. I suspect there's something wonky about the
    tags in that particular album.

    - Marc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •