Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: rip question

Quote Originally Posted by citabria327 View Post
    thanks for your help..i cant make a screenshot
    Use the Snipping tool in Windows.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You are on Windows 7 - use the Snipping Tool: Start - Type "snipping" and the Snipping Tool should show at the top. Click on it to run, then use the mouse to select an area and save it to a jpg file. Post those here.
    Allo Digione Signature (+LiFePo Batteries), Touch, Metrum Jade, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Sorry, cross posted.
    Allo Digione Signature (+LiFePo Batteries), Touch, Metrum Jade, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

thanks...i will get to the screenshot...yesterday, stratmangler suggested i use this: Try this character string in EAC options/filename %artist%\%albumtitle%\%tracknr2% - %title% ..and it worked! or so i thought. so all of my rips before yesterday, i can play..btw, when i hit play on the new rips, it says error cant play. then if i hit play, the timer of the song starts, but no audio

Name:  Capture 2.PNG
Views: 73
Size:  143.1 KBName:  Capture 2.PNG
Views: 73
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  Capture 3.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  130.0 KBName:  Capture 3.jpg
Size:  130.0 KB

Name:  Capture 4.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  110.9 KB

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 66
Size:  136.1 KB

Your second to last image is misconfigured for FLAC. It should look like this:

Browse to your copy of FLAC.EXE. If you don't have one, click here: http://www.rarewares.org/files/lossl...-1.3.3-x86.zip

The "Additional command-line options" are:

-V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

In your last image you have no folder listed for your library. Browse to the location of your music files and unclick all but "Music". Run a "Clear library" rescan. It is not recommended that your playlists be in the same folder as your music. If your music is in C:\USERS\MIKE\MUSIC, then put playlists in C:\USERS\MIKE\PLAYLISTS.
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2019-09-11 at 14:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Your second to last image is misconfigured for FLAC. It should look like this:

Browse to your copy of FLAC.EXE. If you don't have one, click here: http://www.rarewares.org/files/lossl...-1.3.3-x86.zip

The "Additional command-line options" are:

-V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

In your last image you have no folder listed for your library. Browse to the location of your music files and unclick all but "Music". Run a "Clear library" rescan. It is not recommended that your playlists be in the same folder as your music. If your music is in C:\USERS\MIKE\MUSIC, then put playlists in C:\USERS\MIKE\PLAYLISTS.

i entered the command line, but it says wrong path..My music is on an external HD, my I drive..going to check my scan results..thanks again

The idea is to use the Browse button to locate flac.exe on your system, rather than copy the path that Apesbrain has on his system.

I haven't used EAC in years (I use dbPoweramp) but EAC used to come with a rather old version of flac.exe. It worked but some prefer to download and use a more recent version [of Flac]. On my W7 system the version that came with EAC is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Flac\flac.exe

Also, your music files are on your external hard drive "I". In Windows, the root directory of I drive would be
    Code:
    I:\
    not
    Code:
    I:
    . Once again, it is best to use the browse button (in LMS Basic Settings) to locate the root folder of your music collection.

(While you are there you might like to give your music library a name as well.)

[Edited because the backslash character in I:<backslash> didn't show up in the normal forum text]
    Last edited by JohnB; 2019-09-12 at 04:04.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    The idea is to use the Browse button to locate flac.exe on your system, rather than copy the path that Apesbrain has on his system.

I haven't used EAC in years (I use dbPoweramp) but EAC used to come with a rather old version of flac.exe. It worked but some prefer to download and use a more recent version [of Flac]. On my W7 system the version that came with EAC is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Flac\flac.exe

Also, your music files are on your external hard drive "I". In Windows, the root directory of I drive would be
    Code:
    I:\
    not
    Code:
    I:
    . Once again, it is best to use the browse button (in LMS Basic Settings) to locate the root folder of your music collection.

(While you are there you might like to give your music library a name as well.)

[Edited because the backslash character in I:<backslash> didn't show up in the normal forum text]

Thanks John...thats how the I drive looks after browsing

ok...i looked at one of the songs from the batch in question. they're WAV files..NOT flac! im thinking i should uninstal/reinstall lms