Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    There is already a custom-convert.conf there ?

If so then it means we can't simply copy the conf file I created.

If a custom-convert.conf file is already there then you have already had need of support -maybe that's why ffmpeg is already installed.

To see what the custom-convert.conf file contains to know why it is there - you use the "cat" command
    cat custom-convert.conf

The improtant info is
    1. the filetype pair e.g. mp4 flc at the very start of lines
    2. the command in squarea brackets e.g. [ffmpeg] or [faad]

ok
    wma wav **
    .................................................. ....................................
    mov flc **
    #F
    [faad] -q -w -f 2 $FILE$ l [Flac] -cs --totally-silent.................

mov mp3**
    #FB:{BITRATE = -B % b} [Faad] -q -w -f 2 $FILE$ l [Lame] -- resample 44100.......

mov wav**
    #F
    [Faad] -q -w -f 2 $FILE$ 2>/dev/null

Interesting custom-convert.conf file.

It has WMA and MOV entries which is a very unusual mix. Any idea how /when /why it was created ?

WMA - Microsoft WMA support - do you have WMA file that are played ?

MOV - this is usually Movie but also MP4. AFAIK it is not longer part of standard LMS as it was removed in 2011

the 'mov' type would need to be defined for the custom-types.conf to be used but there is no custom-type.conf file

I am confused by this custom-convert.conf file - it may be a leftover or it may be needed for some odd files.

I suggest the following.
    1. Save a copy of the existing custom-convert.conf
    2. Replace the existing custom-convert.conf by the my one which will support MP4
    3. if Mixcloud works OK, then continue as normal but report any file/streams which fail to play as they may have required the old custom-convert.conf

Assuming the file custom-convert.conf.txt is in the squeezeboxserver directory. Commands to copy old conf file and then copy new one to take its place. The "ls -l" before and after is to confirm successful copying by checking that the conf with ".txt" file has the same size as the custom-convert.conf file
    cd /etc/squeezeboxserver
    ls -l
    cp custom-convert.conf custom-convert.conf.old
    cp custom-convert.conf.txt custom-convert.conf
    ls -l

sorry not sure i follow the process
    Your .txt file is on my windows 7 pc
    the current custom-convert.txt file is a vortexbox

not sure how i get your file over onto the vortexbox?

looks like there is a Nov 2017 date next to the current file which is strange as that v/box has been up n running since maybe 2012

Quote Originally Posted by toolapcblack View Post
    sorry not sure i follow the process
    Your .txt file is on my windows 7 pc
    the current custom-convert.txt file is a vortexbox

not sure how i get your file over onto the vortexbox?
    How to communicate with the vortexbox ? if using ssh (e.g.putty) - then scp is a possibility.
    Is it possible to use a USB stick ?

looks like there is a Nov 2017 date next to the current file which is strange as that v/box has been up n running since maybe 2012
    Maybe vortexbox developer left it there as part of an update or support call.

my vortexbox is mapped to my win 7 pc
    just put putty on it and can login remotely via that pc, i also have usb drives i could plug into the v/box

OK lots of possibilities - mapped drive is the simplest as long as the vortexbox directory is accessible.

my vortexbox is mapped to my win 7 pc
    Using Windows file explorer, since vortexbox drive is mapped onto Win 7 PC (I presume as a drive) - can you "see" the /etc/squeezeboxserver directory and its contents with various conf file

just put putty on it and can login remotely via that pc,
    did a copy of pscp.exe also come with the putty ?

i also have usb drives i could plug into the v/box
    This is the fallback - I'm not sure how USB stick will appear on vortexbox so there is a small bit of work involved.

so as i remotely login i can copy the txt of the file out to notepad in-case all goes pear shapped

i have then used nano custom-convert.txt in to the said file and can place your file txt there...not sure how to do this bit though as nothing is visible in the .txt file
    but can place it in there? no cntrl letter command to save it there on the bottom?
    Attached Files Attached Files

so as i remotely login i can copy the txt of the file out to notepad in-case all goes pear shapped

i have then used nano custom-convert.txt in to the said file and can place your file txt there...not sure how to do this bit though as nothing is visible in the .txt file
    but can place it in there? no cntrl letter command to save it there on the bottom?
    Not fully sure what you mean here.

It should be possible to cut all the text from Windows and then paste into a fileopen using nano. However you may have issues with line wraparound (i.e. a single line becomes two lines) and tab characters being changed into multiple spaces - this will break LMS

Try the simpler approaches first.

Using Windows file explorer via mapped drive can you see the /etc/squeezeboxserver directory ?

no cant see that directory via the mapped drive only its ip address and music, lost and found video etc files