Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Would be great if I could just see the file system and just drag and drop the new custom-convert in place of the old one alas not possible unless you know a way around this?
    all i can do is log in remotely or view the lost and found, music, movies, pictures, playlist, temp files.... not sure how to go to the root level here.

would it be worth rolling back my LMS firmware and then re adding the mixcloud plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by toolapcblack View Post
    Would be great if I could just see the file system and just drag and drop the new custom-convert in place of the old one alas not possible unless you know a way around this?
    all i can do is log in remotely or view the lost and found, music, movies, pictures, playlist, temp files.... not sure how to go to the root level here.
    That would be the ideal (or even normal) but it looks like vortexbox didn't set it up like that maybe to prevent accidental damage to LMS stuff.

would it be worth rolling back my LMS firmware and then re adding the mixcloud plugin?
    No.

I'll do a up a "plugin" which does nothing except install a custom-convert.conf file for MP4 to use ffmpeg. It'll be ready later today and so don't do anything else until then.

I have been working on a proper MP4 plugin which handle streaming MP4 all within LMS without ffmpeg (i.e. no additional install & platform independent) but haven't had time recently to progress it.

My plugin work OK with stream MP4 but not with Mixcloud.
    I haven't used Mixcloud before so it may be just finger trouble.

ok great i will give it a go. Is it in the LMS plugins to install under MP4?

Quote Originally Posted by toolapcblack View Post
    ok great i will give it a go. Is it in the LMS plugins to install under MP4?
    No I haven't made it available until I get to the cause of mixcloud issue.

Looks like Mixcloud plugin only works with "direct" streaming to players ie. no transcoding.

Not sure if this was because streaming MP4 transcoding was not available and so not tested or whether the plugin implementation is such that it cannot support players that cannot play AAC natively.

I'll spend a bit more time looking.

The mixcloud plugin doesn't seem to work for me. Yesterday a few mixes would work - today none - it looks like access is being challenged by mixcloud authorisation.

Others have had the same issues https://github.com/danielvijge/lms_mixcloud/issues

The plugin is just ticking over - author says he doesn't play mixcloud much now. It looks like it used to support transcoding but something has changed possibly "https" vs "http" and changes have resulted in a "direct" only system.

Is Mixcloud a "must have" on your LMS setup ? or were you just checking it out ?

I just tried a few and they worked fine ... however, I have it setup without MixCloud API key.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I just tried a few and they worked fine ... however, I have it setup without MixCloud API key.
    I don't use these services - my interest came from enabling the transcoding of streamed MP4 from other sources besides podcasts.

Is Mixcloud a "popular" plugin like Spotty , Qobuz, Deezer etc ?

Without API key it didn't work for me. With API key I think it allows access for a while (it did work then after it hgas been used for while it redirect to a "are you a human" page ?

Maybe because I was testing trying to understand the plugin, I was doing a lot of access and very little streaming mainly because of the LMS problem and transcoding.

I only played up to 10 minutes or so of a show - so maybe I would have hit more problems if I had left it to run.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin