Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    same dongle works perfectly on Daphile running on a thin client PC in the same position
    Assuming you mean exactly the same dongle and not another dongle that has the same branding etc ... then that implies that there might be a setting or driver function that could be changed/enabled that would make it work better with a weak signal than the default in pCP.
    The challenge would be to find what that is and then hope that it can be tweaked in the driver that pCP supplies (or find a different driver).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Assuming you mean exactly the same dongle and not another dongle that has the same branding etc ... then that implies that there might be a setting or driver function that could be changed/enabled that would make it work better with a weak signal than the default in pCP.
    The challenge would be to find what that is and then hope that it can be tweaked in the driver that pCP supplies (or find a different driver).
    Paul it's not going to be possible to go further with this as I had to use a powered usb hub and supplied it with 12v not 5v. The dongle is now dead and possibly my Pi as there was a small whiff of smoke from it.
    Could be time to mourn it.

Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Paul it's not going to be possible to go further with this as I had to use a powered usb hub and supplied it with 12v not 5v. The dongle is now dead and possibly my Pi as there was a small whiff of smoke from it.
    Could be time to mourn it.

I don't know why a usb hub is putting out 12v but if you are "lucky" the pi may have just Blown the polyfuse.

Put it on one side for a few days and see if it repairs itself.

A bit of a long shot

ronnie

The hub put out 12v because I by mistake connected it to 12v. Hub knackered, current limit chip on Pis USB too also the WiFi dongle in at the time.