Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @diode84

If you have a spare card, why not try this approach.

Make a fresh image of piCorePlayer v5.0 using Etcher

https://repo.picoreplayer.org/insitu...layer5.0.0.zip

Remove and re-attatch the card to your computer (I'm talking Windows OS, it's the same procedure for any other OS).

Open the boot partition and you will find a folder called wpa_supplicant.conf.sample.txt.

(I'm not sure if that is correct, but you get what I mean)

Open the file with Windows WordPad or Notepad++.

Read down the text and fill in the details, Country, SSid,password.

Save the file and exit.

Back in the boot partion edit the file name to remove the extra text, so it is just

wpa_supplicant.conf
    save.

Then just open the file again and check that the details are present and correct.

Put the card in the pi, with or without the wireless dongle.

Do not attatch the Ethernet cable, power the pi on and wait for two or three minutes.

Then check if it is on the network.

If you have an "official" pi power supply it should provide enough power for the dongle.

atb

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I scanned back through the thread, I don't see a discussion about country code......are you setting your country code properly? And is your router set to a proper channel for your country?
    The country code is set to GB and the router was set up by the Quickline Internet engineer and everything else works ok.

That doesn't mean it's right. Not all devices properly conform to CRDA requirements. How is the router configured?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @diode84

If you have a spare card, why not try this approach.

Make a fresh image of piCorePlayer v5.0 using Etcher

https://repo.picoreplayer.org/insitu...layer5.0.0.zip

Remove and re-attatch the card to your computer (I'm talking Windows OS, it's the same procedure for any other OS).

Open the boot partition and you will find a folder called wpa_supplicant.conf.sample.txt.

(I'm not sure if that is correct, but you get what I mean)

Open the file with Windows WordPad or Notepad++.

Read down the text and fill in the details, Country, SSid,password.

Save the file and exit.

Back in the boot partion edit the file name to remove the extra text, so it is just

save.

Then just open the file again and check that the details are present and correct.

Put the card in the pi, with or without the wireless dongle.

Do not attatch the Ethernet cable, power the pi on and wait for two or three minutes.

Then check if it is on the network.

If you have an "official" pi power supply it should provide enough power for the dongle.

atb

ronnie
    Not quite sure what you are proposing Ronnie but its not short of power at 5v as its fed from a powered hub fed from a 5v 2a psu.

That doesn't mean it's right. Not all devices properly conform to CRDA requirements. How is the router configured?
    Not sure what you mean by router configuration but a number of laptops all work on it and Daphile on a thin client which is quite similar, linux, LMS and Jivelite.

What channel is your router set to operate? And what are the other wifi operating parameters.

What channel is your router set to operate? And what are the other wifi operating parameters.
    2.4G is set to auto (channel 1,)
    5G is set to channel 36.
    Normal IP address and subnet mask. Do you want any other parameters.

Without knowing how crowded channel 1 is in your area, I would try to change it to see if there is any impact.

Without knowing how crowded channel 1 is in your area, I would try to change it to see if there is any impact.
    I am about 1 mile from any other router and nothing has ever detected any other networks in range.

I think it is time to give up on WiFi so far away from the router. The Pi doesn't seem very powerful on WiFi so I will have to wire a LAN connection.
    PiCorePlayer is brilliant and just what I needed so thank you to all involved and to all those giving help on the forum.
    Thanks again, all the best.
    diode84