Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Not sure what to run putty on. Is it included in pCP. Being a beginner I need a little bit more information.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,720
    You run putty on your Windows machine - to get a terminal session open on the pCP machine - or you can plug a keyboard and screen into your pCP system.
    But if you do it with putty then it will be easy to copy/paste into this forum.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  3. #13
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You run putty on your Windows machine - to get a terminal session open on the pCP machine - or you can plug a keyboard and screen into your pCP system.
    But if you do it with putty then it will be easy to copy/paste into this forum.
    Thanks Paul

    Putty for Windows: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~...ty/latest.html
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  4. #14
    I have loaded Raspbian onto the Pi and it had no problems at all connecting the wifi. So it's not a fault on the Pi.
    I haven't a windows system at the moment so putty not an option.
    Could it be caused by the two bands that the router is working at.
    Anyone any ideas.

  5. #15
    Senior Member chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    I haven't a windows system at the moment so putty not an option.
    Mac? If so, use Terminal, and type 'ssh tc@<pCP IP address>'

  6. #16
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    I have loaded Raspbian onto the Pi and it had no problems at all connecting the wifi. So it's not a fault on the Pi.
    I haven't a windows system at the moment so putty not an option.
    Could it be caused by the two bands that the router is working at.
    Anyone any ideas.
    Do both bands have the same SSID? Then yes that will probably cause the problem.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Do both bands have the same SSID? Then yes that will probably cause the problem.
    Yes both bands do have the same SSID, I can scan and get two bands 2.4 and 5.1GHZ and both have the same name SSID.
    BTW I can access pCP with xenialpups terminal.

  8. #18
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Yes both bands do have the same SSID, I can scan and get two bands 2.4 and 5.1GHZ and both have the same name SSID.
    BTW I can access pCP with xenialpups terminal.
    Create an SSID dedicated to either 2.4 or 5 and then try it.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Create an SSID dedicated to either 2.4 or 5 and then try it.
    Both SSIDs have different names now but still not having any luck connecting without LAN.
    Any ideas.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Create an SSID dedicated to either 2.4 or 5 and then try it.
    Both SSIDs have different names now.
    I reinstalled a fresh pCP and connected to SSID 5GHZ. It does connect but streams with a lot of buffering. The 2.4 will not connect wifi at all even though it detects both SSIDS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •