Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do not buy Logitech's products if you think you need support later on

I have an albeit older Squeezbox (SLIMP3) bought on a flea market. It works perfectly, but unfortunately, the previous owner can not be contacted,
    to de-register it, so that I can use it on my account. It still was an option which is mentioned in the display, to contact customer service for help
    with this issue by supplying the MAC-adress. Below is the response I got, which is disappointing, Logitech will not assist you, as they define any product
    that is re-sold, not in an authorized store, as "refurbished" as not supported anymore... :-(

>Dear Customer,
    >
    >Thank you for reaching out to Logitech Customer Care. My name is Sanjay and Iĺll do my best to assist you with your concern today.
    >
    >I personally apologize for the delayed response as we had system migration. However, we are trying our best to continue the support without hampering your experience. Thank you for your patience.
    >
    >I understand your concern and I realize how inconvenient it can be when your Squeezebox Slim P3 is not getting registered. Donĺt worry, I am here to help and will make sure this is taken care of.
    >
    >Unfortunately your product did not meet the requirements, in order to register as your Squeezebox Slim P3 was bought from an unauthorized reseller (used market) and we do not support any refurbished products. So we >are sorry to inform you, your request for registering the product cannot be approved.
    >
    >For future reference, your ticket number is 15XXXXX.
    >
    >In case of no reply from you, this ticket will eventually be closed and set as solved, and you will be receiving a survey, we would appreciate your feedback in order to improve our support.
    >
    >Looking forward to your continued patronage.
    >
    >Thank you for choosing Logitech, have a wonderful day.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Sanjay
    >Logitech Customer Care

I think that the Logitech official response is reasonable.

However, you have chosen to post this here on the Slimdevices forum, where we know for sure that at least one Logitech employee provides excellent support and has even this week been helping with an almost identical Slimp3 query.

Your issue may well be the result of a bug in the way that devices are validated in MySqueeze.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Private Message mherger here (search for one of his posts then click on his name). Give him the MAC address of the player and the email of your desired mysqueezebox.com account)
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Private Message mherger here (search for one of his posts then click on his name). Give him the MAC address of the player and the email of your desired mysqueezebox.com account)
    Already in progress
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post951529
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Henden View Post
    I have an albeit older Squeezbox (SLIMP3) bought on a flea market. It works perfectly, but unfortunately, the previous owner can not be contacted,
    to de-register it, so that I can use it on my account. It still was an option which is mentioned in the display, to contact customer service for help
    with this issue by supplying the MAC-adress. Below is the response I got, which is disappointing, Logitech will not assist you, as they define any product
    that is re-sold, not in an authorized store, as "refurbished" as not supported anymore... :-(
    You mean just like Apple (and many others)?

It is good to remember that the SLIMP3 was sold from 2001 to 2003, 16 years ago...
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    You mean just like Apple (and many others)?

It is good to remember that the SLIMP3 was sold from 2001 to 2003, 16 years ago...
    Where's that like button?
    Chris :)

I have to really think very hard to remember a electronic product that works after that time. Yes I found one a Palm Treo!
    No TV, fridge, dishwasher...
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I have to really think very hard to remember a electronic product that works after that time. Yes I found one a Palm Treo!
    No TV, fridge, dishwasher...
    I have quite a few pieces of Hi-Fi that still work perfectly
    For example I have a turntable that I remember buying in early February 1976 - its been serviced a few times admittedly but it is still working perfectly. OK it doesn't have much electronics inside it but I have 2 x Sony amps from the 90s that are still fully operational as well.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

The real problem OP had was not the product didn't work but that customer support couldn't help.
    Can you get help from customer support for the Palm Treo or the Sony amps.

Logitech customer was poor in not redirecting the OP to this forum & Michael and thread title is a bit OTT.

I have a Hallicrafters 101 Mk III shortwave radio from 1958 that still works. It's a heavy beast!
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify