Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    This is a possibly an example where the printer makes smaller holes/cutouts than are in the model. In my model that cutout is 9.4mm wide, but has evidently printed out at 8.8mm. I can easily make it wider, but I'm not sure I understand where the extra width is required. In your photo, it looks as though it's the left* edge of the cutout that needs to be moved slightly to the left. Judging by the alignment of the right hand edge of the PCB with the right hand side of the case, and the right hand edge of the power jack cutout with the right hand edge of the power jack, it looks as though the right hand edge of the TOSLINK cutout is about right. Yet I think your description is suggesting to move the right hand edge 0.7mm to the right.

So I'd say to trim the left edge of the cutout by 0.7mm and the right edge of the cutout by 0.1mm. Is that correct?

* All lefts and rights are with respect to your photo.
    it was just a draft print, so the quality is not the best. It's well possible the printer's overextruding slightly.
    The cutout needs to move to the right (on the pic), otherwise the PCB is 'too far in'. Move it by 0.7 mm and make it 0.8 mm wider in total.

thanks,
    -d
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0

Understood. Here's a second draft with those corrections.

Attached Files Attached Files

too late for print now
    I'll try tomorrow.

The spdif connector still does not fit, I would say 0.5~1 and the headset is a bit tight as well on Z (same)

Name:  IMG_5101.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  47.0 KBName:  IMG_5102.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.8 KB
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-09-04 at 23:24.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Great stuff! Round-the-clock rapid prototyping :-)

OK, I've increased the height of the SPDIF cutout by 1mm, and I've increased the radius of the hole for the 3.5mm jack by 0.5mm, and moved it a further 0.5mm from the PCB. That's likely going to leave a gap around the connector, but once I see how big and how off-centre that gap is I can adjust it back again. I've also increased the recess behind that connector to match.

I think my own printer problems are caused by a worn/clogged nozzle, so I've ordered some replacements and should be able to join the printing fun after the weekend. Once all the cutouts are the right size and in the right place I'll try to make the case halves snap together somehow. Or maybe circular pillars on the corners, to take a nylon through-screw, would be better (like the sort used by those RPi cases that are made from multiple layers of perspex). Suggestions welcome.

Great stuff! Round-the-clock rapid prototyping :-)

OK, I've increased the height of the SPDIF cutout by 1mm, and I've increased the radius of the hole for the 3.5mm jack by 0.5mm, and moved it a further 0.5mm from the PCB. That's likely going to leave a gap around the connector, but once I see how big and how off-centre that gap is I can adjust it back again. I've also increased the recess behind that connector to match.

I think my own printer problems are caused by a worn/clogged nozzle, so I've ordered some replacements and should be able to join the printing fun after the weekend. Once all the cutouts are the right size and in the right place I'll try to make the case halves snap together somehow. Or maybe circular pillars on the corners, to take a nylon through-screw, would be better (like the sort used by those RPi cases that are made from multiple layers of perspex). Suggestions welcome.
    fits rather well now. Name:  IMG_20190905_182234.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  249.2 KB thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by daduke View Post
    fits rather well now. thanks!
    I'm just worried the cooling slits won't do much as there's no real air intake. The PCB pretty much seals it right up...

Quote Originally Posted by daduke View Post
    I'm just worried the cooling slits won't do much as there's no real air intake. The PCB pretty much seals it right up...
    Yeah, they're only going to be any use for convection, and only if the slits are uppermost. If a fan is needed, then some slits on the side will probably be needed too.

In the meantime, I've added some pillars on the corners to screw the two halves of the case together. Screws would have to be M3x25, and the holes will probably need to be drilled out, assuming your printer makes them slightly undersize.

Here's a version with slightly bigger corner pillars, which should take M3 bolts without any drilling. The photo shows some bolts that I had from a spare RPi case - they measure as ~M3.7, and are 30mm long. They needed a bit of drilling to fit.

Nightly builds

If anyone's interested in trying the version of squeezelite-esp32 and don't want to setup a toolchain, I completed the configuration of a build system.

For now, binaries will be available here:
    https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases

Note that as we go, there will be unstable binaries. The current stable build is: stable-WiFi-Manager-squeezelite-esp32-I2S-4MFlash.zip

This allow flashing the software without needing the full espressif toolchain being configured. Espressif's flash tool can be downloaded from here
    https://www.espressif.com/en/support...ad/other-tools

The GPIOs are defined as follow
    • I2S Clock = 26
    • I2S WS = 25
    • I2S Data = 22

Here is a typical download screen
    Name:  ESP32_DOWNLOAD_TOOL_V3.6.6_2019-09-05_19-57-06.png
Views: 251
Size:  45.1 KB

For the ones using Linux, it's possible to flash using esptool.py with a line similar to this:

python /opt/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/esptool/esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 115200 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0x1000 /home/Jenkins/jobs/squeezelite-esp32-SqueezeAmp/workspace/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin 0x10000 /home/Jenkins/jobs/squeezelite-esp32-SqueezeAmp/workspace/build/squeezelite.bin 0x8000 /home/Jenkins/jobs/squeezelite-esp32-SqueezeAmp/workspace/build/partitions.bin
    Last edited by sle118; 2019-09-16 at 22:28. Reason: Changed url for releases
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!