Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    nice.

I hid an esp32 wrover in one of these babies: Name:  tivoo.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  107.5 KB

and now have a battery-powered standalone squeezebox player..
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0

Hello,

first of all many thanks to all involved for the great software / hardware.
    I would like to try the SqueezeliteESP32 and use the following hardware:
    - ESP32-DevKitC core board with ESP32-WROVER-B
    - PCM5102 Decoder Board

Does anyone have any experience with these boards ?

Thanks
    Horst

Quote Originally Posted by denhorst View Post
    Hello,

first of all many thanks to all involved for the great software / hardware.
    I would like to try the SqueezeliteESP32 and use the following hardware:
    - ESP32-DevKitC core board with ESP32-WROVER-B
    - PCM5102 Decoder Board

Does anyone have any experience with these boards ?

Thanks
    Horst
    I2S is fairly standard, so as long as connections are done right, this should work right out of the box with the i2s build and i2s http config.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

flash procedure

Hello,

Thanks all for your amazing work !

I try to reflash one of my squeezamp that seems to be blocked / bricked.

When trying to flash (squeezelite-esp32-master-SqueezeAmp8MBFlash-v0.4.218) I have the following message:

Command:
    Python esptool.py --port COM6 --baud 115200 write_flash --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader/bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0xD000 ota_data_initial.bin 0x10000 recovery.bin squeezelite.bin settings.bin

Output:
    esptool write_flash: error: argument <address> <filename>: Address "squeezelite.bin" must be a number

=> esptool expects an adress for squeezelite.bin and settings.bin partitions, what are these address ? (not found in .csv file)

Other question : could you confirm that I need to push on the U6 pushbutton to enable the dataloading ?

Many thanks !

Luc

pre-ANNOUNCE: SqueezeAMP and SqueezeliteESP32

Quote Originally Posted by Lucc31 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks all for your amazing work !

I try to reflash one of my squeezamp that seems to be blocked / bricked.

When trying to flash (squeezelite-esp32-master-SqueezeAmp8MBFlash-v0.4.218) I have the following message:

Command:
    Python esptool.py --port COM6 --baud 115200 write_flash --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader/bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0xD000 ota_data_initial.bin 0x10000 recovery.bin squeezelite.bin settings.bin

Output:
    esptool write_flash: error: argument : Address "squeezelite.bin" must be a number

=> esptool expects an adress for squeezelite.bin and settings.bin partitions, what are these address ? (not found in .csv file)

Other question : could you confirm that I need to push on the U6 pushbutton to enable the dataloading ?

Many thanks !

Luc
    You probably can just reflash recovery and take it from there. Other than that, I think (from memory) that squeezelite is 0x150000. I donĺt think you should mind the settings

You need to flip the dwl switch if your usb to serial cable does not have rts/dtr (see my GitHub site). In that case, flip the switch, reset the board (power cycle or tiny reset button), download with the python script then flip back the switch and reset again
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-12-27 at 18:40.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

How about using one pin for switching on/off attached amplifier

Hello all,
    maybe someone may be able to help me.
    I'm wondering if an automatically switch on of an amplifier by an GPIO pin is implemented. If SqueeseliteESP32 starts to play / is switched on it would be nice to switch on a small amplifier via a GPIO pin. Some of the amplifier (chips) have an corresponding pin for activation/deactivation and some DIY boards also offer this input. To save current or better mute the output it would be a nice feature.
    I've found this in the main.c, there is already a solution but it seems only to be for the Raspberry Pi.
    Code:
    #if defined(GPIO) && defined(RPI)
    		   "  -G <Rpi GPIO#>:<H/L>\tSpecify the BCM GPIO# to use for Amp Power Relay and if the output should be Active High or Low\n"
    #endif
    But in general it should work for the ESP32. But i could not not find anything in the documentation. Has anyone a hit for me?
    Since the code is quite large I don't think that I would be able to integrate that. Maybe as a single solution only for me, but not suitable to be distributed. (I can do some c programming, but no clean code and also not configurable like it is shown in this project...)
    Greetings,
    Florian

Quote Originally Posted by frahe View Post
    Hello all,
    maybe someone may be able to help me.
    I'm wondering if an automatically switch on of an amplifier by an GPIO pin is implemented. If SqueeseliteESP32 starts to play / is switched on it would be nice to switch on a small amplifier via a GPIO pin. Some of the amplifier (chips) have an corresponding pin for activation/deactivation and some DIY boards also offer this input. To save current or better mute the output it would be a nice feature.
    I've found this in the main.c, there is already a solution but it seems only to be for the Raspberry Pi.
    Code:
    #if defined(GPIO) && defined(RPI)
    		   "  -G <Rpi GPIO#>:<H/L>\tSpecify the BCM GPIO# to use for Amp Power Relay and if the output should be Active High or Low\n"
    #endif
    But in general it should work for the ESP32. But i could not not find anything in the documentation. Has anyone a hit for me?
    Since the code is quite large I don't think that I would be able to integrate that. Maybe as a single solution only for me, but not suitable to be distributed. (I can do some c programming, but no clean code and also not configurable like it is shown in this project...)
    Greetings,
    Florian
    If this is a one-off for you and if you can do some C, you could do the following
    - Implement a function called "relay" (check squeezelite.h for the signature). For an example on how to control GPIOs on the ESP32, you can check the led blinking code in our repo
    - You should implement this inside of the srevices component as, for example, "relay.c"
    - Change your build options to define "GPIO" so the GPIO code gets compiled
    - Update the command line options in the HTTP gui to configure the GPIO with "-G" matchine the GPIO number you wired your relay to

edit: you can also add a github enhancement request (open a new issue) so this gets in the development queue. It seems simple enough, and non conflicting, to be included in our standard build
    Last edited by sle118; 2020-01-11 at 08:31.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    If this is a one-off for you and if you can do some C, you could do the following
    - Implement a function called "relay" (check squeezelite.h for the signature). For an example on how to control GPIOs on the ESP32, you can check the led blinking code in our repo
    - You should implement this inside of the srevices component as, for example, "relay.c"
    - Change your build options to define "GPIO" so the GPIO code gets compiled
    - Update the command line options in the HTTP gui to configure the GPIO with "-G" matchine the GPIO number you wired your relay to

edit: you can also add a github enhancement request (open a new issue) so this gets in the development queue. It seems simple enough, and non conflicting, to be included in our standard build
    Thank you for the reply. I think I should be able to get that working. It's good to have a starting point. If you don't know where to start you'll start searching in the large code... Maybe I'll find in the services the Code for the RPI and reproduce that one for the ESP. Using GPIOs should be feasible. I already did this with the ESP and Arduino...

I see, I definitely need an Github account, even if my projects are not in the state for being public, but for inspiration...
    I'll add an enhancement request for this. I hope it might be useful for others...

Hi,

I am using a custom build player for few months now and i saw there are new versions availables on github. How can i flash this new version via OTA ? The WebUI was only avalaible after the recovery flash and is not available anymore. Do i have to reboot in recovery mode to get the WebUI back ?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    Hi,

I am using a custom build player for few months now and i saw there are new versions availables on github. How can i flash this new version via OTA ? The WebUI was only avalaible after the recovery flash and is not available anymore. Do i have to reboot in recovery mode to get the WebUI back ?

Thx
    if your firmware is months old, you'll probably have to flash a recent recovery before you can OTA a new squeezelite. Do you have a local build environment to create a recovery?
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0