Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Ports 3483 and 9000 Failed?

Hello,

I'm having some so issues with LMS for Windows that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I started having issues with the Shairtunes2 and Youtube plugins not connecting or playing. After a bit of looking, I noticed that under the LMS Control Panel, Port 3483 (slimproto) and Port 9000 (HTTP) both show as failed. In the alerts section it reads:

We've seen that your Logitech Media Server is configured to use a proxy server. In this configuration connectivity to mysqueezebox.com on port 3483 can't be tested.

We were not able to successfully communicate with mysqueezebox.com
    This might be a temporary internet issue, or a limitation imposed by your ISP. If the problem persists, please make sure your firewall is not blocking outgoing traffic.

I tried googling to see if there was a simple solution to this issue but could only find people mentioning that port 3483 needed to be opened. I believe that I have the port opened after messing with my router and the Windows Firewall settings, but the issue remains.

As you can probably tell I'm not super familiar with networking, so If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

My ISP is CenturyLink and I've got a Zyxel C3000Z modem/router.

Please let me know if there is any other pertinent information I've left out.

Thanks in Advance,
    Charlie

Just stop and restart LMS. Might clear the issue. Should be no reason to mess with ports on your router, in fact could be a big security issue to do so.
    Any other server type programs running on your LMS host computer? Both programs may be requesting the same ports.

That's a good point about the security. I reverted the ports back to how they originally were. I also restarted both LMS and my PC with no change. I do have Plex installed but I couldn't find anything about it using either port 3483 or port 9000.

It's weird because I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and just ended up reformatting the entire PC and as of right now the only things I have installed are LMS, Plex, and Chrome. Everything worked fine until yesterday and then it just randomly started showing those ports as failed. I probably should have noted in the original post that under the diagnostics tab it's only mysqueezebox.com as showing those ports as failed; under the Logitech Media Server heading ports 3483, 9000, and 9090 all show OK. I don't know if that means anything or not.

Anyway, I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

I'll bet Plex is also using those ports. Stop Plex, restart LMS, check the Diagnostics ports via LMS again.

Only LMS uses 3483.

basic question - why has OP set up a proxy server for LMS ? Check Settting/Advanced/Network to confirm that web proxy has been set up

bpa, that seemed to do the trick. For whatever reason the web proxy line was filled in with something like localhost:7769 or something like that. I'm not sure how it happened as I don't even have any idea what a web proxy really does, but erasing that line seemed to fix the issue. The part I can't figure out though is that it worked just fine for about a week and then just stopped started acting up out of the blue. I hadn't messed in any settings or installed any plugins that I'm aware of. Anyway, I really appreciate the help both of you provided. I was starting to go a little mad not being able to figure it out.

Thanks again,
    Charlie

Sorry to say that if that webproxy appeared with no action on your part then you may have malware or have you installed any antivirus product with ôweb protectionö?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng