Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Great radio station worth giving a listen

Hello fellow Squeezebox internet radio lovers! I came across a great radio station I wanted to share with you guys. I was doing some googling after learning that Jason Bentley, the music director and host of Morning Becomes Eclectic on my favorite station KCRW, was stepping down and I saw mention of another independent public radio station giving lots of competition to KCRW. The station is KCSN 88.5 here in southern California that is a joint production of Cal State Northridge and Saddleback College. What really caught my attention was that they hired Jason Bentley's predecessor at KCRW Nic Harcourt as their morning DJ. Nic Harcourt was the primary DJ and music programmer that got me hooked on KCRW before he stepped down 10 years ago. I have spent the last few days listening to the station and it is really good. It is very much like Morning Becomes Eclectic in that they will play everything from well known acts like the Stones and Curtis Mayfield to local artists and indie rock favorites like Declan Mckenna and Har Mar Superstar. They have different shows highlighting different genres of music all hosted by real DJ's and NO COMMERCIALS. Search the radio app for KCSN and give them a listen. Anybody else have a favorite radio station to recommend? Between KCRW, Radio Paradise and now KCSN I am pretty spoiled for commercial free radio!

Thanks, artwork and metadata too!

Just trying it out.

Name:  KCSN.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  37.7 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Name:  montana radio cafe2.png
Views: 202
Size:  127.2 KB

Man-in-a-van, that URL you show is for a fairly lowly mp3 stream. Is there anything better? The music seems good, but it's always a bonus to have decent quality, too.

@whitman

No, sorrry

I think that is all there is, why not e-mail and encourage them to increase it if possible (it's a low budget operation, I think).

ronnie

Thanks for the recommendations!

Radioactive (Sifnos), com-free, eclectic and joyful. My daily bread and butter

Cheers,
    Charlie