Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alarm toggle

Oh and fresh builds - not for ages but yeah Ive done this before too.

Apologies for not getting back sooner, kept forgetting to check and testing a once a week event takes... well, a week!

Having set one of my Radios to alarm the same as yours (liquefy)... one day a week, brainfluid sound, repeat alarm.

I can confirm the behaviour you are seeing...

When initially configured the radio displays the alarm bell icon and comes on at the correct time, the following week no visual display and no alarm.

Only thing I've realised may have affected it the Radio was sync'd to an SB Touch, so I've removed the sync, away again next week though, so next update will be in 2 weeks time if I remember

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    Apologies for not getting back sooner, kept forgetting to check and testing a once a week event takes... well, a week!

Having set one of my Radios to alarm the same as yours (liquefy)... one day a week, brainfluid sound, repeat alarm.

I can confirm the behaviour you are seeing...

When initially configured the radio displays the alarm bell icon and comes on at the correct time, the following week no visual display and no alarm.

Only thing I've realised may have affected it the Radio was sync'd to an SB Touch, so I've removed the sync, away again next week though, so next update will be in 2 weeks time if I remember

Kev
    How did you turn off the alarm? Using the Rotary knob or the Power button?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How did you turn off the alarm? Using the Rotary knob or the Power button?
    Well can't say for sure, I did it a few weeks ago, but most likely the power button.

Our normal daily alarm is always turned off by either the power button or by letting it run its course set by Alarm Timeout (in minutes), never by the main control knob, I've never seen this issue before and my wife gets up for work every weekday woken by that alarm.

So the differences between OP's alarm use and mine is once a week rather than daily and we use a favourite with a radio station stored in it as the alarm sound rather than one of the pre-selectable alarm sounds.

I'll do some more testing... I've changed my test "Friday only" alarm to Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with Brainfluid as the sound and will turn it off by power button each time to see if it fails.

I can set it back to weekly on Sunday before I go away for the week

Kev

Well can't say for sure, I did it a few weeks ago, but most likely the power button.

Our normal daily alarm is always turned off by either the power button or by letting it run its course set by Alarm Timeout (in minutes), never by the main control knob, I've never seen this issue before and my wife gets up for work every weekday woken by that alarm.

So the differences between OP's alarm use and mine is once a week rather than daily and we use a favourite with a radio station stored in it as the alarm sound rather than one of the pre-selectable alarm sounds.

I'll do some more testing... I've changed my test "Friday only" alarm to Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with Brainfluid as the sound and will turn it off by power button each time to see if it fails.

I can set it back to weekly on Sunday before I go away for the week

Kev
    I just tried setting a repeating alarm for a single day in a week. After turning it off using the Power button the alarm is still shown as enabled in the web interface. If O turn the Radio off using the Power button it turns itself back on because it knows an alarm is set. So it looks as though there is no reason to think the alarm will not fire in a weeks time. The fact that the alarm keeps the Radio powered on is annoying as this Radio is normally left unplugged so it powers off when not being used. I don't know how much the battery life is affected by being always on but I don't really want to leave it on all week .

Can anyone having this issue check the status of the alarm in the web interface after turning the alarm off using the power button?

Can anyone having this issue check the status of the alarm in the web interface after turning the alarm off using the power button?
    If you mean in Settings/Player/Alarm Clock then these settings are not changed, after my weekly test when I checked the alarm settings they were exactly the same as I had initially set, I think the OP has also stated this as well and implies it by saying they have to toggle the alarm (turn off, turn on) to get it to work again and as I stated in a previous post when our main bedroom SBRadio is on from an alarm we we turn it off using the power button pretty much every weekday and it has never changed the alarm setting in the web interface or caused the alarm to fail the following day.

Kev

If you mean in Settings/Player/Alarm Clock then these settings are not changed, after my weekly test when I checked the alarm settings they were exactly the same as I had initially set, I think the OP has also stated this as well and implies it by saying they have to toggle the alarm (turn off, turn on) to get it to work again and as I stated in a previous post when our main bedroom SBRadio is on from an alarm we we turn it off using the power button pretty much every weekday and it has never changed the alarm setting in the web interface or caused the alarm to fail the following day.

Kev
    OK it doesn't seem to make sense that a weekly rather than daily alarm or a different sound would make any difference. I will leave my Radio plugged in and see what happens next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by liquefry View Post
    Oh and fresh builds - not for ages but yeah Ive done this before too.
    Is your Radio plugged into the mains or running on battery? It might not be important but just in case .

OK it doesn't seem to make sense that a weekly rather than daily alarm or a different sound would make any difference. I will leave my Radio plugged in and see what happens next Friday.

So I didn't leave the Radio plugged in for the whole week and with 4 minutes to go before the alarm was due to go off the Radio showed no signs of turning itself on. After turning it on manually the alarm went off at the expected time. I can only guess that if the Radio is running on battery and is off at the alarm time then the alarm will fail. I understood that the Radio was supposed to boot up before the alarm time .