Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Debian / OMV installation - location of cache...

Hello!

New installation of openmediavault; installed LMS 7.9.1 flawlessly.
    I want to move the location of the cache to other drive; tried editing server.pref without luck, broke LMS requiring new installation...

Somewhere i stumbled across a reference til specifying the cachedir by adding an argument via command line ??? It this possible in linux??

Any help appreciated - i should add that my linux skills are limited, so...

Quote Originally Posted by THildebrandt View Post
    New installation of openmediavault; installed LMS 7.9.1 flawlessly.
    I want to move the location of the cache to other drive; tried editing server.pref without luck, broke LMS requiring new installation...
    setting cachedir in server.pref isn't a good idea, as it will most likely be ignored since a command line argument (which the start script will pass) will have precedence.

Somewhere i stumbled across a reference til specifying the cachedir by adding an argument via command line ??? It this possible in linux??
    Yes, the --cachedir option. However, the default start script will already set this, so you should configure the script instead of doing anything manual.
    For debian / ubuntu, the file to edit would be /etc/default/logitechmediaserver
    e.g.
    Code:
    CACHEDIR=/var/lib/logitechmediaserver/cache

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    For debian / ubuntu, the file to edit would be /etc/default/logitechmediaserver
    /etc/default/logitechmediaserver edited from

Code:
    # User to run Logitech Media Server as
    SLIMUSER=squeezeboxserver

SLIMOPTIONS=""
    to

Code:

SLIMOPTIONS=""
    CACHEDIR=/new location/logitechmediaserver/cache
    restarted the service - and initiated a rescan of music, still the old cache was used.

Then tried

Code:

SLIMOPTIONS="CACHEDIR=/new location/logitechmediaserver/cache"
    and still the old cache is used...

Suggestions??

Thx!

Once i got rid of the spelling errors this seems to work:

Code:

SLIMOPTIONS=""
    CACHEDIR=/new location/logitechmediaserver/cache
    Thank you!

Looks like it didnt work after all...

Thinking i could remove the old cachedir now that a new has been definded (copied the old to the new location, of course) i now get this result when initiating scan of my music library:

Code:
     service logitechmediaserver status
    ● logitechmediaserver.service - LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Fri 2019-08-23 15:30:26 CEST; 36s ago
         Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
      Process: 31004 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 31192 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        Tasks: 4 (limit: 4915)
       CGroup: /system.slice/logitechmediaserver.service
               ├─30696 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver-scanner --priority=0 --logconfig=/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/log.conf --noimage --logdir=/var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --prefsdir=/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --novideo --rescan --debug scan.import=ERROR,scan.auto=DEBUG,artwork=ERROR,database.info=ERROR,scan=ERROR,scan.scanner=ERROR /srv/NASDATA01/MUSIK
               ├─31198 /bin/bash /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver_safe /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /srv/NASDATA01/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/CACHE --charset=utf8
               ├─31216 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /srv/NASDATA01/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/CACHE --charset=utf8
               └─31217 sleep 5
    The correct new cachedir is stated correctly, but still the scanner fails... And LMS is unresponsive... until i stop service -> copy cachedir back to /var/lib/squeexeboxserver -> start service again...

Hmm!!

Suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by THildebrandt View Post
    Suggestions??
    Check the LMS server / scanner log (WebUI > Sessings > Information)

What file system is the cache on? Looks like a remote one - never a good idea (slow, potentially unstable due to network fluctuations - if it's SMB, even more problematic).
    Finally, check permissions on this file system for the LMS user.

Just had to reinstall LMS - was hanging and using 100% cpu...

Just reinstalled - will try again and check LMS server / scanner log....

Did check server.prefs - looks like the sqlite db location still is the old cache dir; this copuld be the cause of the problem???

Finally - cache is relocated til encrypted drive on the same server, so... Will (try to) check lms user permissions for this drive...
    Last edited by THildebrandt; 2019-08-23 at 07:59.