Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

SB Touch Screen Display - larger fonts?

Hello-
    Looking into a Touch for my system. I see all the photos showing the standard display of the album cover along with artist and song info being shown.

Can the display be changed to show the album title in large font without the album art? Similar to the SB3? I will be sitting approx 10' from the touch in my listening room.

My concern is that while scrolling through the albums, I won't be able to read the text.

Quote Originally Posted by jclyle View Post
    Hello-
    Looking into a Touch for my system. I see all the photos showing the standard display of the album cover along with artist and song info being shown.

Can the display be changed to show the album title in large font without the album art? Similar to the SB3? I will be sitting approx 10' from the touch in my listening room.

My concern is that while scrolling through the albums, I won't be able to read the text.
    When scrolling through the list using the remote control, the TOUCH automatically switches to a LARGE font. It stays there until you touch the TOUCH screen itself and then it reverts back to normal font.

+1
    I must say that the default font on my SBTouch is also a bit too small for me even when using the remote... I sit 3.5m away from the SBTouch on my sofa. The only thing I have found so far is the "Custom Clock" Applet/Plugin which shows you the "Now Playing" text in bigger fonts without Artwork.
    Anyone got some advice on how to change the fonts in the SBTouch (I'm pretty proficient with Linux, if that's necessary).
    Cheers
    juzi

For me, when I'm away from right in front of TOUCH, I'm using iPENG on my iphone to control/see everything. I don't use the regular remote.

I asked a Dutch store that is specialized in streaming audio products the same question recently, and they told me it's not possible. (unfortunately)

I found the contrast/readability is best when you choose the simple black background.

Hello-

Tap the Touch screen twice and the album art will disappear to be replaced by a slightly larger-font text display. It may not be enough for you but you should try it.

Kal
    Last edited by Kal Rubinson; 2010-09-06 at 11:04.

Have you tried the third context menu on the Now Playing screen?

From Now Playing, tap the display twice (once gets Album Art Only, twice gets Text only), then hit the Volume up or down using the IR remote so the Touch goes into remote use mode and enlarges the Text overriding the proximity sensor.

As long as you don't touch the Touch it will stay in this larger text mode. And if you do, a single IR remote use will put it right back in away mode.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

IR Remote to over ride proximity sensor or touching display

Quote Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
    Tap the Touch screen twice and the album art will disappear to be replaced by a slightly larger-font text display. It may not be enough for you but you should try it.

Kal
    Is it really any larger? It just seems like it has more room left to right and doesn't need to scroll as much. But if you put the Touch on that context screen then use the volume up or down on the IR Remote the Touch goes into Away Mode and does enlarge the text.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Thanks for all the responses. I haven't bought a Touch yet. I currently have a Transporter and am looking into the touch as a sidegrade or downgrade step on my system as I don't get to listed as much as I used to.

Are there any pics floating around of the Touch with a larger font display and no album art?

Thanks for all the responses. I haven't bought a Touch yet. I currently have a Transporter and am looking into the touch as a sidegrade or downgrade step on my system as I don't get to listed as much as I used to.

Are there any pics floating around of the Touch with a larger font display and no album art?
    There may be something here of interest:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Release_Notes

scroll down the page to see the different font sizes using the touch screen or the remote.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi