Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6

    Can anyone please provide me a valid URL for NPR??

    I don't understand why but, I must have had to reprogram NPR half a dozen times because every couple of months, the URL I had stops working!
    And for NPR more than any other station, every time it seems to get harder to find a URL for the stream.
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,084
    You don't say if you have a particular station or programme in mind, or from where you listen.

    There are a lot of Podcasts

    https://www.npr.org/programs/

    ronnie

    and welcome

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6
    I just want the general NPR live radio stream, not necessarily a local one (is it called an affiliate?). I want to avoid the localized weather forecasts, news and calls for donation (I'm listening from Belgium).
    The link you provided is to podcasts, I'm looking for the live radio stream.
    Thanks anyway for trying.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,046
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
    I just want the general NPR live radio stream, not necessarily a local one (is it called an affiliate?). I want to avoid the localized weather forecasts, news and calls for donation (I'm listening from Belgium).
    The link you provided is to podcasts, I'm looking for the live radio stream.
    Thanks anyway for trying.
    I'm not sure they still do a non-local NPR stream.

    What was the last live URL you that was not-local ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,084
    https://playerservices.streamtheworl...CSPANRADIO.mp3

    This streams in firefox browser

    Edit: think this might be a recording
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2019-08-15 at 09:46.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,084
    on a SBT

    Name:  anpr.png
Views: 95
Size:  72.2 KB

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    https://playerservices.streamtheworl...CSPANRADIO.mp3

    This streams in firefox browser

    Edit: think this might be a recording
    Isn't that CSPAN version of NPR which has station code WCSP-FM (i.e. a local Washington DC station)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I'm not sure they still do a non-local NPR stream.

    What was the last live URL you that was not-local ?
    Ah well, ok then, that might explain it. The last time...dunno, several months I guess?
    I guess I'll just have to stick with a localised stream then

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
    The link you provided is to podcasts,
    Yes, I said so

  10. #10

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •