much more work to get it done. And - don't get me wrong - I doubt a
    person asking this question would be able to do it without much
    hand-holding.

--

Michael
  • 2+5
    • Aug 2019

Display a webpage

I'm curious if it would be possible to have a screensaver display a webpage. I have jivelight running on picoreplayer with the Raspberry touchscreen. I'd like to find a way to have the screensaver display a magicmirror page hosted on a separate server. Then I could use the touchscreen as more of a home dashboard that can also control LMS.

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

Display a webpage

> I'm curious if it would be possible to have a screensaver display a
      > webpage. I have jivelight running on picoreplayer with the Raspberry
      > touchscreen. I'd like to find a way to have the screensaver display a
      > magicmirror page hosted on a separate server. Then I could use the
      > touchscreen as more of a home dashboard that can also control LMS.

JiveLite/SqueezePlay can't display web pages. They don't have a browser
      built-in.

(but yes, Opera's mobile team at the time paid us a visit to discuss
      this option, when Opera mobile was great eg. on Nokia's phones, before
      the iPhone arrived :-D)

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• 2+5
        • Aug 2019

Originally posted by mherger
        >JiveLite/SqueezePlay can't display web pages. They don't have a browser
        built-in.

(but yes, Opera's mobile team at the time paid us a visit to discuss
        this option, when Opera mobile was great eg. on Nokia's phones, before
        the iPhone arrived :-D)
        Bummer. That's what I figured unfortunately. Would it be technically possible to run a standard OS on the Pi that could switch into Jivelite (instead of running PCP)? I'm thinking have the Pi boot directly into kiosk mode displaying MagicMirror and having a button in there to launch Jivelite. Then when you quit Jivelite have it go back to the browser. I suppose another alternative would be to just have an iframe in MM that shows the material skin.

Edit: just adding that I don't actually need squeezelite running. I have a bunch of airport expresses connected to in-ceiling speakers. Just want a touchscreen to control them and provide a relevant dashboard (time/weather/calendar) when not listening to music.
        Last edited by 2+5; 2019-08-12, 16:29.

Comment

• Man in a van
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2+5
          Bummer. That's what I figured unfortunately. Would it be technically possible to run a standard OS on the Pi that could switch into Jivelite (instead of running PCP)? I'm thinking have the Pi boot directly into kiosk mode displaying MagicMirror and having a button in there to launch Jivelite. Then when you quit Jivelite have it go back to the browser. I suppose another alternative would be to just have an iframe in MM that shows the material skin.

Edit: just adding that I don't actually need squeezelite running. I have a bunch of airport expresses connected to in-ceiling speakers. Just want a touchscreen to control them and provide a relevant dashboard (time/weather/calendar) when not listening to music.

Do you mean, like this?

and in use I just minimise it. I can't run it as a seperate program.

I think it's possible with Squeezeplay from Ralphy, but would need more work, I think, to run as a program.

Comment

• Jeff07971
            • Aug 2011

This maybe what Michael was referring to but to can run raspian for Magicmirror
            Then switch to Jivelite on fullscreen when the player is on.
            You could probably do this using the cli and a script

Would need more than a noob to do it though I suspect

Jeff
            sigpic
            Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• Paul Webster
              • Apr 2005

You could use a browser-based controller ... like Material skin and switch tabs ...
              Paul Webster
              Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
              and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• peterw
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                You could use a browser-based controller ... like Material skin and switch tabs ...
                Or create an image of a web page to be used as wallpaper? https://loadfocus.com/blog/tech/2017...hrome-browser/
                owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
                (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
                Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
                Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
                FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
                SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Comment

• Jeff07971
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by peterw
                  Or create an image of a web page to be used as wallpaper? https://loadfocus.com/blog/tech/2017...hrome-browser/
                  You could display the Material skin now playing web page.

Theres a thread on the magicmirror forum for displaying a webpage
                  sigpic
                  Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

Working...