Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Using knob to set wifi password

I pulled out my old Boom and brought it up to the cabin.

As I was setting up the wireless networking, I struggled because the display is getting dim and wonky. Somehow, I managed to get the correct password in, but the next arrow was an additional space over, and I kept getting an error as I tried to connect.

I do not have the remote, so I'm just using the knob, and i guessed that the null space would be the one just to the "left" (one click counter-clockwise on the knob) of a lower case "a".

Well, now I somehow have 3 spaces before the next arrow, and I cannot figure out how to delete them.

i.e.
    true password - Stay@TDL!>

my display - Stay@TDL! >

How can I "delete" those empty spaces and click next right after the last character "!"?

Or should I factory reset and try again from scratch? (if so, how to FR a Boom without the remote?)

THanks!
    Touch --> Audio-gd NFB-10SE DAC --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MKII
    SB2 --> Denon AVR4800 --> Klipsch KG4
    SqueezeBox Boom (Bedroom)
    SqueezeBox Radio w/Battery (Kitchen / Garage / bathroom)
    Synology DS413 running standard LMS package
    Duet currently in storage

Quote Originally Posted by ob_kook View Post
    I pulled out my old Boom and brought it up to the cabin.

As I was setting up the wireless networking, I struggled because the display is getting dim and wonky. Somehow, I managed to get the correct password in, but the next arrow was an additional space over, and I kept getting an error as I tried to connect.

I do not have the remote, so I'm just using the knob, and i guessed that the null space would be the one just to the "left" (one click counter-clockwise on the knob) of a lower case "a".

Well, now I somehow have 3 spaces before the next arrow, and I cannot figure out how to delete them.

i.e.
    true password - Stay@TDL!>

my display - Stay@TDL! >

How can I "delete" those empty spaces and click next right after the last character "!"?

Or should I factory reset and try again from scratch? (if so, how to FR a Boom without the remote?)

THanks!
    Press the "Play" button on your boom to remove unwanted characters. (Yes, I know!)
    When you have inserted your password correctly, just press the knob.

E.g. if your password is 33333, when you have inserted 33333, you will see 33333> on the screen, just press the knob.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Fixed! thank you!

Play! of course! How could I not know that?

THank you - that was exactly what I was looking for. Now I'm connected and can play.
    Too bad the display is so bad it's unusable, but I can use my SB app on my phone at least.

I guess I'll be hitting ebay for a new display and maybe a wifi module while I'm in there...
    Touch --> Audio-gd NFB-10SE DAC --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MKII
    SB2 --> Denon AVR4800 --> Klipsch KG4
    SqueezeBox Boom (Bedroom)
    SqueezeBox Radio w/Battery (Kitchen / Garage / bathroom)
    Synology DS413 running standard LMS package
    Duet currently in storage

Quote Originally Posted by ob_kook View Post
    Play! of course! How could I not know that?

THank you - that was exactly what I was looking for. Now I'm connected and can play.
    Too bad the display is so bad it's unusable, but I can use my SB app on my phone at least.

I guess I'll be hitting ebay for a new display and maybe a wifi module while I'm in there...
    Good to hear.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi