Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5

    Adding song to currently playing playlist issue-playback stops before added track

    Hi, totally new here and appreciate any help that comes my way.

    I am non techie in this area, I use LMS via Safari to control a Innuos Zen NAS, and also use iPeng. I have the same problem with both control methods-

    If a song is playing and I add another song to the playlist (not a saved playlist, just what is currently cued), playback stops before the new song is played back.

    I've lived with this problem for years and can't imagine it's normal behaviour?

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadsta View Post
    Hi, totally new here and appreciate any help that comes my way.

    I am non techie in this area, I use LMS via Safari to control a Innuos Zen NAS, and also use iPeng. I have the same problem with both control methods-

    If a song is playing and I add another song to the playlist (not a saved playlist, just what is currently cued), playback stops before the new song is played back.

    I've lived with this problem for years and can't imagine it's normal behaviour?

    Many thanks
    I think I have seen this when I add a track very close to the end of a playing track but normally there is no problem. When do you add the track?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadsta View Post
    Hi, totally new here and appreciate any help that comes my way.

    I am non techie in this area, I use LMS via Safari to control a Innuos Zen NAS, and also use iPeng. I have the same problem with both control methods-

    If a song is playing and I add another song to the playlist (not a saved playlist, just what is currently cued), playback stops before the new song is played back.

    I've lived with this problem for years and can't imagine it's normal behaviour?

    Many thanks
    I just tried this to confirm my suspicions and around 10 seconds from the end of a track seems to be the magic number. More than that and playback continues otherwise it stops. I think crossfade settings will affect this as well but I have crossfade turned off.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I just tried this to confirm my suspicions and around 10 seconds from the end of a track seems to be the magic number. More than that and playback continues otherwise it stops. I think crossfade settings will affect this as well but I have crossfade turned off.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Hi, thanks for your reply Slartibartfast.

    I have tried using both 'add to current' and 'play next' during the currently playing track (from 2 mins left to 10s) and the results are almost always the same- playback stops before the appended track.

    It's been that way for 3 years or so and someone told me it was a longstanding bug in LMS (which seems odd).

    Crossfade is off.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadsta View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply Slartibartfast.

    I have tried using both 'add to current' and 'play next' during the currently playing track (from 2 mins left to 10s) and the results are almost always the same- playback stops before the appended track.

    It's been that way for 3 years or so and someone told me it was a longstanding bug in LMS (which seems odd).

    Crossfade is off.
    Which version of LMS are you using?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadsta View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply Slartibartfast.

    I have tried using both 'add to current' and 'play next' during the currently playing track (from 2 mins left to 10s) and the results are almost always the same- playback stops before the appended track.

    It's been that way for 3 years or so and someone told me it was a longstanding bug in LMS (which seems odd).

    Crossfade is off.
    Do you have any other players?

    Do you get the same issue using a proper Squeezebox player?
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadsta View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply Slartibartfast.

    I have tried using both 'add to current' and 'play next' during the currently playing track (from 2 mins left to 10s) and the results are almost always the same- playback stops before the appended track.

    It's been that way for 3 years or so and someone told me it was a longstanding bug in LMS (which seems odd).

    Crossfade is off.
    If you add a song to the end of a longer playlist does that play (i.e. not during the last song in the playlist)?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Which version of LMS are you using?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 23.23.41.png
Views: 30
Size:  74.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 23.25.58.png
Views: 30
Size:  15.1 KB

    I am trying your suggestion about adding to a longer PL now, will update thanks

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Do you have any other players?

    Do you get the same issue using a proper Squeezebox player?
    I only have the Innuos Zen server
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 23.30.20.png
Views: 24
Size:  20.8 KB

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you add a song to the end of a longer playlist does that play (i.e. not during the last song in the playlist)?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    With 2 tracks remaining on the currently playing album ('A') I added another album ('B") to the end. All good, it started playing Track 1 from the new album no problem.

    Now what's strange is, with Track 1 playing on album B, I clicked 'play next' with another album ('C'). When B Track 1 finished, B Track 2 played BUT LMS and iPeng told me that it was Album C Track 1 was playing.

    On completion of B Track 2, LMS played C Track 2, identified correctly.

    So, odd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •