Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
    Please let's refer to the image I put up above, captured from what seems to be an LMS IP address.

How would you call those? Aren't they folders, which then open albums where music themes are?

Those are the ones I want to order in a different way, so I can access them from the PCP following my criteria.

Where are they? Who made those folders? They contain album files, so they are folders indeed.

Where is "Browse Music Folder" so I can browse with it?
    Browse by Music Folder, just click on the Menu Item, I've circled in red below.

Name:  Menu03.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  91.0 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

It created folders with artists names and things like that, which I really do not want, and it created a lot of folders I find useless.
    There's no need to worry. LMS hasn't created any folders or moved any files -- the folder/file structure on your hard disk is exactly how you made it.

What you're seeing is a list of menus -- 'views' -- of your music files, based on their tags or other attributes that LMS can determine (eg, how often you play things for Top/Flop tracks).

LMS enables you to browse your music in a wide variety of ways, and to create custom menus that meet any specific needs you may have. Fwiw, the "Music Folder" menu will let you browse the folder structure of your music library as it exists on your hard disk, if that's the way you prefer.

You can disable any of the existing menus that you don't want using the interface at LMS > Settings > Player (tab) > Additional Browse Modes

Just untick the ones you don't want and click "Apply" at the bottom right.

Name:  chrome_2019-08-09_17-07-14.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  85.0 KB

(NB. You won't see "Living Room" -- that's just the name I gave one of my players -- you'll see whatever your player is called.)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    How many times do you need to be told?
    Just in enough different ways for it to make sense.

What seems obvious to experienced users may well be perplexing to a newcomer or someone used to a different media player. (Frankly, if I don't do something in LMS for a while, it can seem perplexing to me, and I've been using it for years.)

Please let's refer to the image I put up above, captured from what seems to be an LMS IP address.

How would you call those? Aren't they folders, which then open albums where music themes are?

Those are the ones I want to order in a different way, so I can access them from the PCP following my criteria.

Where are they? Who made those folders? They contain album files, so they are folders indeed.

Where is "Browse Music Folder" so I can browse with it?
    They are not folders. They are menus based on tags in your music files.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk