Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I go back to my original post in this thread, wondering if anyone had experience where a receiver is less stable than the others. I was hoping that perhaps there was a know quirk that someone knew about.
    From my experience, the receiver might be less stable with an IP provided by DHCP. With a static IP, it's as stable as the other players.
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    From my experience, the receiver might be less stable with an IP provided by DHCP. With a static IP, it's as stable as the other players.
    I'll give it a try, thanks for the insight! Jim

Update

I thought I would post how this concluded, in case the contributors are subscribing, or a search ends up here.

In summary, at my friend's house, questionable ISP without an ideal Wifi setup, and he not being very technical - the receiver/controller configuration of the duet was nothing but problems. The receiver would hang, and the controller would lose contact, and a cold boot of both would be required to get thing working until the next exception condition occurred. What was causing it has never been determine.

I really pushed him to make changes to his wifi (router setup, location, etc), trying to explain that "excellent" wireless works better than "fair", but it never resulted in action. I don't think he was buying it, rather, he chose to blame the ISP (which is shaky DSL).

I loaned him a radio, and that worked fine. I found him a used touch, set it up with tiny LMS (jump drive with music files) and that has been operating rock solid for maybe a month. Fingers crossed, he is all set.

I am not saying the duet will not work flawlessly under stable conditions, but it does seem that either the receiver, or the receiver controller communication, can go wonky if exceptions occur.

In the end it's a happy story for my friend, he loves it! Also, for me

Jim