Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acanning View Post
    I settled on this cheapo case….

Attachment 27939

Which is availible here
    Hi Ashley

Thanks for pointing out this option. With the RPi4, handling heat radiation is definitely a priority. When I followed your link I found that this is designed for the RPi3 ... can you tell more about it and how it fits the new RPi4? ... and could you maybe add a couple of photos where we can see the exact fit?

I'd like to point out (repeat) the one that sfraser mentioned from FLIRC. This one is explicitly designed for the RPi4. https://flirc.tv/more/raspberry-pi-4-case

/Claus

Just click on one of the other pictures, theyare different products, pi4 with without fans, etc
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hi Paul

If your response was pointing at my request for photos, the reason I ask is because all photos on the web-page shows the RPi3 with the Ethernet port on the specific side, whereas, as I hope is commonly known, the RPi4 has the position of the USB and Ethernet ports switched around. Therefore it looks like the "Armor Case" won't fit a RPi4 without modification (cutting away some material).

I just wonder ... [a bit later] ... oh, I see now, where it says "color" there are actually pictures of the RPi4 version. Sorry I missed that before, it's because I was looking at the pictures below the big picture. Sorry, I didn't think to click the "color" pictures to see all the different versions. Slightly confusing I shall look through the color options, since all of them are black. :-/

:-)

Best regards,
    Claus

Hi Guys

Sorry for the confusion I may have caused with my earlier post. Just to be clear, the Geekworm case I purchased was designed for the Pi4 and fits like a glove with all ports being accessable. It also seems to significantly reduce the idle temperature of my Pi4. They also make a version with a fan which will probably be even more effective if you don't mind the slight noise pollution.

Cheers
    Ashley

I have been running a Pi4 w/4G of RAM in the new Flirc case as a Max2play LMS for approx. 24 hrs. So far so good, initial music scan (from remote mounted file system on co-located NAS) took about 82 minutes for 90K songs. On the Pi3 the scan I believe was around 4 hours. Temperature has been hovering around 40-44C sitting in a communications rack in my basement with an ambient room temp of 20C. Earlier it was in my office upstairs and during the music scan I seen temps in the range of 50C with an ambient room temp likely around 24C. I have a Pi3 in a stock Pi plastic case with a small heat sink on the CPU sitting next to the Pi4 in the com rack and it is also showing temps around 43C. As expected, everything is "snappy" . I will sync 5 or 6 squeezebox's later and see if that creates any type of load on the little guy.

Over all very impressed. I will brun it in for a week or two, and if everythting gores well I will repurpose the Pi3 LMS for something else.

sfraser
    2 Chan. System
    SB3->Benchmark DAC-1-> Bryston(BP-25,3B)->PMC TB2
    Home Theater System
    SB2-> Bryston(SP1,4B,4B,2B,2B)-> PSB Stratus Goldi
    Basement System
    Duet-> Parasound Preamp (carver M1.0t) ->Klipsch La Scala's
    Bedroom System
    SB2-> Sony BoomBox
    Rear Deck/Patio
    Duet-> Yamaha Reciever-> PSB Mini's,
    Office
    Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen
    Squeeze Radio
    Ensuite
    Squeeze Radio

Ok , 5 players sync'd on the pi4 all working perfectly!
    2 Chan. System
    SB3->Benchmark DAC-1-> Bryston(BP-25,3B)->PMC TB2
    Home Theater System
    SB2-> Bryston(SP1,4B,4B,2B,2B)-> PSB Stratus Goldi
    Basement System
    Duet-> Parasound Preamp (carver M1.0t) ->Klipsch La Scala's
    Bedroom System
    SB2-> Sony BoomBox
    Rear Deck/Patio
    Duet-> Yamaha Reciever-> PSB Mini's,
    Office
    Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen
    Squeeze Radio
    Ensuite
    Squeeze Radio

LMS on Raspberry Pi4

Quote Originally Posted by sfraser View Post
    Ok , 5 players sync'd on the pi4 all working perfectly!
    One of the nice thing about LMS sync algorythm is that although it is not ms-accurate (which I think is useless anyway), it is very light in term of load for the server
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

If the board is running at 60+ ░C 24/7 is it safe ?
    Or do you shut down your LMS server pi4 when not at home, or away for a few days?
    Thnx!
    Main system: Synology DS115j/RPi3b(LMS)/RPi3B+[LnrPS](piCore)/M2Tech EvoDAC Two+[LnrPS]/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E
    Head-Fi: Schiit Vali2/Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Alum/Audeze Sine.
    Aditional HW: Allo DigiOne, iFi iDefender, iPurifier, iPower

Quote Originally Posted by DomieMic65 View Post
    If the board is running at 60+ ░C 24/7 is it safe ?
    Or do you shut down your LMS server pi4 when not at home, or away for a few days?
    Thnx!
    60 is not really a problem for components these days
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Hello....I've just fitted a pimoroni shim and case to my pi4. Its quite impressive, it is very quiet and hopefully will do a good job.
    Last edited by NE5; 2019-09-08 at 04:56.