Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I have all my playlists in my root music folder and have not seen an issue with duplicates. I believe it's because I use relative paths vs explicit paths. Having the playlists in the same folder as my music makes it super easy to move my entire music library, including playlists, between different OS platforms or different Windows systems on different drive letters. My playlists work just fine on both Android and Windows without making any changes. I would guess that my playlists would also work on *nix platforms too, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I have all my playlists in my root music folder and have not seen an issue with duplicates. I believe it's because I use relative paths vs explicit paths. Having the playlists in the same folder as my music makes it super easy to move my entire music library, including playlists, between different OS platforms or different Windows systems on different drive letters. My playlists work just fine on both Android and Windows without making any changes. I would guess that my playlists would also work on *nix platforms too, but I haven't tried it yet.
    It depends how the playlist is created.

In Linux if you create via LMS GUI or iPeng etc it is full path in the form

#EXTURL:file:///storage/flac/Genesis/Platinum%20Collection/3%20-%2009%20The%20Knife.mp3
    #EXTINF:533,The Knife
    /storage/flac/Genesis/Platinum Collection/3 - 09 The Knife.mp3

If you move LMS to a different server you have to use the same path structure but as long as you do then playlists will move seamlessly.

I can't speak for Windows but I think it is the same isn't it?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Well... before you answered I went on and did create the playlist folder in my music one.. fortunately I haven’t created any playlists of mine yet, just moved some “bad metadata” albums.
    So you suggest to delete and do it again outside music... ??
    Main system: Synology DS115j/RPi3b(LMS)/RPi3B+[LnrPS](piCore)/M2Tech EvoDAC Two+[LnrPS]/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E
    Head-Fi: Schiit Vali2/Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Alum/Audeze Sine.
    Aditional HW: Allo DigiOne, iFi iDefender, iPurifier, iPower

Quote Originally Posted by DomieMic65 View Post
    Well... before you answered I went on and did create the playlist folder in my music one.. fortunately I haven’t created any playlists of mine yet, just moved some “bad metadata” albums.
    So you suggest to delete and do it again outside music... ??
    Not at this stage. See what results you get.
    Some get issues others don't.
    If you did move it you would might have to uninstall and reinstall the Playlist Manager plugin but I'm not sure.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    It depends how the playlist is created.

In Linux if you create via LMS GUI or iPeng etc it is full path in the form

#EXTURL:file:///storage/flac/Genesis/Platinum%20Collection/3%20-%2009%20The%20Knife.mp3
    #EXTINF:533,The Knife
    /storage/flac/Genesis/Platinum Collection/3 - 09 The Knife.mp3

If you move LMS to a different server you have to use the same path structure but as long as you do then playlists will move seamlessly.

I can't speak for Windows but I think it is the same isn't it?
    It's the same in Windows. I do use LMS to create playlists (I think you helped me to get that working, thanks again) and it creates with explicit path. I then use a product called SPFLite for PC (SPF is an IBM Mainframe product that I used for many years as a MVS systems programmer) to bulk edit the playlist and remove the stuff preceding my music library root and the #EXTURL line I remove completely;

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,01 And We Danced.mp3
    D:\Music\The Hooters\Nervous Night\01 And We Danced.mp3

#EXTINF:0,01 Better Together.mp3
    D:\Music\Jack Johnson\In Between Dreams\01 Better Together.mp3

Changed to

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,01 And We Danced.mp3
    The Hooters\Nervous Night\01 And We Danced.mp3

#EXTINF:0,01 Better Together.mp3
    Jack Johnson\In Between Dreams\01 Better Together.mp3
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2019-11-15 at 11:58.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Not at this stage. See what results you get.
    Some get issues others don't.
    If you did move it you would might have to uninstall and reinstall the Playlist Manager plugin but I'm not sure.
    Well because I did see the playlist folder in my music folder in iPeng and in browser (material skin) as long as out of it in the playlists section I deleted and set a new path out of the music folder.
    I think it works ok even I haven’t deleted/reinstalled the Playlist Manager.
    May be I’ll do it just to be sure it will work ok.

Question: in iPeng if I create a playlist can I edit it afterwards? Rename, delete tracks etc?
    I find only the option to delete it. The whole list I mean..

Thank you once more!!
    Main system: Synology DS115j/RPi3b(LMS)/RPi3B+[LnrPS](piCore)/M2Tech EvoDAC Two+[LnrPS]/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E

Because I like to explore and try things and just for fun too, I am experimenting with Archimago's blog upsample settings.
    I wan to ask first, SoX is build in piCorePlayer yes? .. and if it is so, how can I check the version and update to the latest one?
    Squeezelite rpi3B+: piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b6 / Squeezelite v1.9.6-1198-pCP
    LMS is running in another rpi3b

Sox is installed with LMS, and the squeezelite version that comes with pCP is built with resampling capabilities.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by DomieMic65 View Post
    Because I like to explore and try things and just for fun too, I am experimenting with Archimago's blog upsample settings.
    I wan to ask first, SoX is build in piCorePlayer yes? .. and if it is so, how can I check the version and update to the latest one?
    Squeezelite rpi3B+: piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b6 / Squeezelite v1.9.6-1198-pCP
    LMS is running in another rpi3b
    That would likely be libsoxr which is not the same SoX, but yes you can play with the upsampling settings on the Squeezelite tab.

Name:  res.png
Views: 56
Size:  41.2 KB
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

cover.jpg should also work
    I have always used folder.jpg or cover.jpg, but recently I noticed that any filename seems to work. I just did a test with a file name of (literally) 'anything.jpg', and it worked fine. I've not seen that documented in the wiki or in the tooltip for artwork in the settings - is it something that got added to LMS?

So for new rips I've started to use the same filename as the FLAC file (but with a .jpg extension obviously). I figure that'll help if ever I want to gather copies of these artwork files into a single folder for instance. Probably an extremely unlikely situation, but since this naming convention works it does no harm.

So for instance, after a typical new rip I now keep:
    Riot City Blues.flac
    Riot City Blues.cue
    Riot City Blues.jpg
    Riot City Blues.log (the ripping log file from XLD)