Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picoreplayer plays too fast

hello,
    I've recently installed Pcp on a pi0w, and something strange happens, the music plays too fast, on most track it's just barely noticeable but on some it's ridiculous.
    The pi is connected thru usb to a cmedia amp.
    I have other players connected to the same server, none of them have this problem.

I suspect this has to do with a sampling rate somewhere, but I didn't find anything obvious in the settings.

Do you have any clue as to where to look or what's happening?

Thanks

What's the source file formats and sample rates, and what's your target DAC model and chipset?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

It's a Cmedia usb dac/amp, I got the problem with all files, from slightly too fast to "babyloon zoo - spaceboy" fast (if you remember the song).

Quote Originally Posted by damston View Post
    It's a Cmedia usb dac/amp, I got the problem with all files, from slightly too fast to "babyloon zoo - spaceboy" fast (if you remember the song).
    What are the of the files and sample rates ?

Sounds like playing 44.1kHz at 48Khz but without details on the files formats - that can't be confirmed.

Have you changed any of the default pcp setting (e.g. supported sample rates) ?

I have a lot of different combinaison, my library is very colorfull

I'll try and get the exact information for some files later today (hopefully).

Thanks!

Hi,
    I've tried a few thing, whithout success.
    The song I'm using is at 44100 Hz.

I've tried to set the max sample rate at the same value in the pcp settings, but no change.

Hi,
    I've tried a few thing, whithout success.
    The song I'm using is at 44100 Hz.

I've tried to set the max sample rate at the same value in the pcp settings, but no change.
    No information on formats, system dac etc means it is not possible to give useful advice.

General advice would get everything back to defaults value - no special or changed settings in LMS or squeezelite

the dac is a cmedia usb amp (which I wrote several times already )
    the file is a MP3 at 44100, i really don't know what more I can tell you

Everything is default, I only started to change stuff after I noticed the problem, and I always try one thing at a time, then, when it doesn't work, set it back to default.

The same file plays perfecty on squeezelite on another rpi (connected to the same LMS).

the dac is a cmedia usb amp (which I wrote several times already )
    the file is a MP3 at 44100, i really don't know what more I can tell you

Everything is default, I only started to change stuff after I noticed the problem, and I always try one thing at a time, then, when it doesn't work, set it back to default.

The same file plays perfecty on squeezelite on another rpi (connected to the same LMS).
    Cmedia is a maker of dozens of USB amp with a variety of capabilities.

But at least you have said MP3 44.1kHz whereas earlier you said you had lots of combinations

Can you enable logging for LMS player.source to INFO and play 10 secs of problem pi and then 10 secs of same track on good pi. Note time at start of test and time and end of test. Copy log entries between start and stop times into a plain text file and attach to a post.

fail.logsuccess.log

here are the logs