Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No access to a Touch at present but if you press and hold something on home screen does it give you an option to remove it like it does in Squeezeplay? If so then perhaps thatĺs what the OP means??
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

"New music" is determined by file modification date. Since you've been copying things around, you've probably changed them all. If you are missing expected albums in New, try finding them by Artist. If not there, run a "Clear library" rescan. If still not there, they are not in your library or they are improperly tagged. Check that LMS is pointed to the correct external drive and that the "missing" files are on the drive. You can make files "New" again by updating the file modification date. This can be done with Mp3tag or any file attribute changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    "If you are missing expected albums in New
    Except in this case we were told: "Im concerned about the 100 albums in NEW music, because they dont show up anywhere else"

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    "New music" is determined by file modification date. Since you've been copying things around, you've probably changed them all. If you are missing expected albums in New, try finding them by Artist. If not there, run a "Clear library" rescan. If still not there, they are not in your library or they are improperly tagged. Check that LMS is pointed to the correct external drive and that the "missing" files are on the drive. You can make files "New" again by updating the file modification date. This can be done with Mp3tag or any file attribute changer.
    ok..i realize now what i may have done...the hard drive that i WAS running, had all the 'missing' music. THAT is the one that was emptied. My backup hard drive, I'm using now. On that one, I hadn't a backup in a long time. So the backup hd clearly won't show me what I'm missing. But, I'm still baffled as to where the first hd's file were sent. I'm sorry if you're not getting my point. I'm doing my best to explain. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by citabria327 View Post
    But, I'm still baffled as to where the first hd's file were sent.
    Since it's not in any way related to Squeezebox hardware or software, it's anyone's guess. There's no menu option on a Touch that would delete your files.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    Since it's not in any way related to Squeezebox hardware or software, it's anyone's guess. There's no menu option on a Touch that would delete your files.
    it happened when i was using the touch

It may have, but there is no mechanism that allows a TOUCH to delete files from your hard drive.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It may have, but there is no mechanism that allows a TOUCH to delete files from your hard drive.
    I'm not so sure, once when I was using my Touch, a large tree in my neighbours garden got struck by lightning . . .
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Have you actually looked at the "empty" hard drive in Windows explorer to see if it is empty?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Have you actually looked at the "empty" hard drive in Windows explorer to see if it is empty?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    yes..and there are 'fullness' indicator lights on the hd as well. its empty