Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

SQB Touch lost files

so, last year my touch stopped working for software reasons (i thought). since then, i moved to a new place. i thought i'd try the touch again. Voila! it works! i must've had a real bad connection before. the only glitch, is that my 'new' additions are gone. in my attempts (feeble) to get the touch going, i think i moved my 1000 albums to MY sqzbx..How do i bring the NEW files back to my hard drive. Thanks! Mike

Albums can not be stored on mysqueezebox, so that's not where they've gone.
    Are you running the LMS built into the touch or is it running on some other hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    Albums can not be stored on mysqueezebox, so that's not where they've gone.
    Are you running the LMS built into the touch or is it running on some other hardware?
    it runs on my pc. i remember getting exasperated trying to figure it out. i know i got in too deep. my button pressing emptied my HD! Luckily. I had a back up HD. i think the new category hold 100 albums. its driving me nuts

I don't see why you are so concerned with the "New music" view. Can you acces any of your music from your Touch?
    If not, have you confirmed that LMS is running, that it is pointing to the music files and that it is able to scan the library?

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    I don't see why you are so concerned with the "New music" view. Can you acces any of your music from your Touch?
    If not, have you confirmed that LMS is running, that it is pointing to the music files and that it is able to scan the library?
    Im concerned about the 100 albums in NEW music, because they dont show up anywhere else, LMS is running. i have 977 other albums i can access

Quote Originally Posted by citabria327 View Post
    Im concerned about the 100 albums in NEW music, because they dont show up anywhere else, LMS is running. i have 977 other albums i can access
    The reason for your lack of helpful responses here, is probably because no one can grasp exactly what your problem is!

You need to explain yourself better.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Most reasons for missing files is permission related, so some info on your setup is helpful.
    Like where is LMS server running and where is your files located.
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Harman Kardon Citation One
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0020.1557815622 @ Tue May 14 08:51:56 CEST 2019
    Castbridge
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Quote Originally Posted by T-bird View Post
    Most reasons for missing files is permission related, so some info on your setup is helpful.
    Like where is LMS server running and where is your files located.
    thanks for your response...my lms is running on my pc..the files are on 2 outboard hd's, one for back up..when i was trying just about anything to get music again i vaguely remember a mysqueezebox option on my touch. when i hit this button, my hd was emptied! good thing for the backup hd! now i dont see the mysqueezebox option on my touch. . i hope this explains it for you

Quote Originally Posted by citabria327 View Post
    thanks for your response...my lms is running on my pc..the files are on 2 outboard hd's, one for back up..when i was trying just about anything to get music again i vaguely remember a mysqueezebox option on my touch. when i hit this button, my hd was emptied! good thing for the backup hd! now i dont see the mysqueezebox option on my touch. . i hope this explains it for you
    Sounds as if your Touch is connected to mysqueezebox.com.

On your Touch navigate to "My Music".

Name:  Touch.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  26.8 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

In LMS > Settings > Basic Settings, have you entered the path to the folder where your music files are now stored and done a clear and rescan?

Name:  2019-07-25_224113.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  82.1 KB