Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71
  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles & London
    Posts
    810
    Any thoughts on how to track this down then from my end if it's behaving for you? If lemppari and I are both experiencing the same issue after upgrading it doesn't seem to be something unique to my environment and seems more likely that the change in Perl version has upset something.

    The fact that it interrupts music playback makes it really annoying.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles & London
    Posts
    810
    Bumping this because I still keep getting my server freeze up and my music interrupted. I need a means of troubleshooting this.

  3. #63
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,323
    Unfortunately I still don't have any good idea how to continue the search... lemppari hasn't provided much information.

    What you could try to do is re-compile Audio::Scan yourself (https://metacpan.org/release/Audio-Scan). LMS seems to be hanging while reading the image data from the flac files.

    And don't forget to update to the latest LMS 7.9.2, as I've applied two patches to address issues I've seen with more recent Perl versions.
    Michael

    http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles & London
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Unfortunately I still don't have any good idea how to continue the search... lemppari hasn't provided much information.

    What you could try to do is re-compile Audio::Scan yourself (https://metacpan.org/release/Audio-Scan). LMS seems to be hanging while reading the image data from the flac files.

    And don't forget to update to the latest LMS 7.9.2, as I've applied two patches to address issues I've seen with more recent Perl versions.
    Thanks Michael. I'll try the update first as that's easy to apply and then look at the Audio::Scan compile if it's still playing up.

    EDIT: The upgraded LMS alone doesn't fix it. Can you give me a pointer to compiling Audio::Scan to replace the standard LMS one as that's not something I've had to attempt before.
    Last edited by paulster; 2019-10-24 at 22:34. Reason: Additional feedback

  5. #65
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster View Post
    Thanks Michael. I'll try the update first as that's easy to apply and then look at the Audio::Scan compile if it's still playing up.

    EDIT: The upgraded LMS alone doesn't fix it. Can you give me a pointer to compiling Audio::Scan to replace the standard LMS one as that's not something I've had to attempt before.
    Michael possibly won't see your edit.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  6. #66
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,323

    LMS web interface keeps becomingunresponsive on Debian 10

    >> EDIT: The upgraded LMS alone doesn't fix it. Can you give me a pointer

    It would have surprised me...

    >> to compiling Audio::Scan to replace the standard LMS one as that's not
    >> something I've had to attempt before.


    Grab a copy of
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...ublic/7.9/CPAN

    Then run

    ../buildme.sh Audio::Scan

    from inside that folder. At the end of the process you should see some
    information about where it put the binary file. You'll then have to copy
    that file on top of the installed with LMS. The exact target folder
    depends on your perl version and installation folders... would be
    something like

    CPAN/arch/5.xx/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so


    > Michael possibly won't see your edit.


    Thanks :-)

    --

    Michael

  7. #67
    I didn't have the problem for a long time, but it appeared again three or four days ago. I grabbed the latest daily build and haven't had the problem since.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles & London
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Grab a copy of
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...ublic/7.9/CPAN

    Then run

    ../buildme.sh Audio::Scan

    from inside that folder.
    Michael

    I don't know if I'm losing my mind, but I didn't find buildme.sh within that folder.

    Am I missing something really obvious?

    The nightly build you referenced hasn't helped at all, so I'm still presently stuck with a perpetually-freezing user interface.

  9. #69
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,323

    LMS web interface keeps becomingunresponsive on Debian 10

    > I don't know if I'm losing my mind, but I didn't find buildme.sh within
    > that folder.


    It certainly should be there. How did you download that folder?


    --

    Michael

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,879
    It is there

    Code:
    buildme.sh	libpng update to 1.6.37	15 days ago
    You might not have spotted it because of their unconventional choice to not treat upper and lower case as the same ... so the lowercase stuff comes after the end of the uppercase stuff.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •