Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Not sure why CNN etc. would want to replace the content a day later (but I've seen that, too). But you're the expert, I trust your expertise..
    In the case of the BBC - there have been programmes which comment on the news - after broadcast legal action is taken and so some items were removed.
    In other cases, a discussion talked about a topic (e.g. suicide, terorist attack) and shortly afterwards a real similar high profile event took place and so program was edited to remove what was now a "sensitive" subject.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    In the case of the BBC - there have been programmes which comment on the news - after broadcast legal action is taken and so some items were removed.
    In other cases, a discussion talked about a topic (e.g. suicide, terorist attack) and shortly afterwards a real similar high profile event took place and so program was edited to remove what was now a "sensitive" subject.
    I moved my response here.
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

every episode of Kermode & Mayo

Just to add that the issue is with kermode & Mayo film review.. but that is the only one I listen to from BBC, it happens on every ep. three or four times. These are very long eps, usually over 2hours in length.
    Listening through the podcast app plugin on SQBox radio - LMS v7.7.5 and also now 7.7.7 - running win10 and before that win 7.

sorry to reply sooo late, but I didn't receive any alerts about replies, my finger trouble..

Quote Originally Posted by doobre View Post
    Just to add that the issue is with kermode & Mayo film review.. but that is the only one I listen to from BBC, it happens on every ep. three or four times. These are very long eps, usually over 2hours in length.
    Listening through the podcast app plugin on SQBox radio - LMS v7.7.5 and also now 7.7.7 - running win10 and before that win 7.

sorry to reply sooo late, but I didn't receive any alerts about replies, my finger trouble..
    I find a similar thing happens with Flaming Lips podcasts (Sorceror's Orphan). In this case playback always stops after 5 minutes or so.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have a similar issue with a podcast stopping each 5:00-5:30minutes...
    https://dasmorningbriefing.podigee.io/feed/mp3

It is 100% reproducible. Is there a chance to introduce caching in the 3rd party podcast application? So it caches and the server doesnt need to keep the stream open? It is really annoying to fast forward every 5minutes from 0:00 to the latest stop if the cast is 30minutes long... If ther eis anything I can do or help with, please contact me... :-) (I am unfortunately no developer).

regards,

AndrÚ
    --
    LMS auf einem QNAP TS-653B in einem Debian Docker-Container
    Versionsnummer: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1571226194 @ Wed Oct 16 14:20:53 CEST 2019
    Player: 1x SB Touch, 5x SB Radio, 1x SB Duet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcookie View Post
    Is there a chance to introduce caching in the 3rd party podcast application? So it caches and the server doesnt need to keep the stream open
    My guess is "only with disproportionate effort". One would not only need to download and cache, but also maintain the cache...

Have you investigated the possibility of linux based podcast manager ? If an acceptable package exists, and it could be trained to download podcasts into a suitable folder on your music disk, then maybe that could effectively solve the problem for you.

Just a thought. I have not investigated.

For the sake of trying something - enable "proxied streaming" for the player (WebUI Settings/Player/Audio / Streaming method) . It usually results in more data being cached at OS level of the LMS rather than just caching the player which might be enough to appease the streaming server.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    For the sake of trying something - enable "proxied streaming" for the player (WebUI Settings/Player/Audio / Streaming method) . It usually results in more data being cached at OS level of the LMS rather than just caching the player which might be enough to appease the streaming server.
    If you remember I tried that with the Flaming Lips podcasts and playback still stopped but after 7 minutes instead of 5 IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you remember I tried that with the Flaming Lips podcasts and playback still stopped but after 7 minutes instead of 5 IIRC
    Not all podcast servers are the same (which is why there is a problem in the first place) and it does not require much effort to try.

I changed the setting today and will be able to tell tomorrow and provide feedback... Thanks for the quick proposal and feedback.

Explanation to my previous thought:
    I was thinking more of the behavior of the Podcast applications - instead of proactively downloading the content, one could start doing this on playback request. As the podcast history is normally not that long, you could delete the cached file when it disappeared from the RSS feed... Nevertheless I dont know if this is suitable or somebody is wlling to spend some time on it.

Edit: just checked remotely - the setting to "proxied playback" didnt change the behavior. Still aborting after 5+ minutes :-(

Edit2: I checked the Audio-URL (e.g. https://cdn.podigee.com/media/podcas...er_gruenen.mp3 ) and did browser playback without download. Not sure if the same streaming mechanism was used, but no stop after 5 minutes. I used Google Chrome.
    Not sure if this helps - I thought it might be useful to share.
    Last edited by bigcookie; 2019-10-17 at 08:44.
    --
    LMS auf einem QNAP TS-653B in einem Debian Docker-Container
    Versionsnummer: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1571226194 @ Wed Oct 16 14:20:53 CEST 2019
    Player: 1x SB Touch, 5x SB Radio, 1x SB Duet.