Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RolandO,

In regards to where LMS is installed; it IS installed since it mostly works on my SB2s. But when I looked for /var/lib/logitechmediaserver/ there is no logitechmediaserver listed but there are the default programs that Mint installed. Is this a problem and should I try to uninstall/reinstall? If so how should I do it to get LMS to where it belongs?

Thanks,

Richard

EEYORE

If you used a .deb file then it is definitely installed in Mint. I am certainly not a Linux expert, just a user like yourself (I'm 69 myself), but I have been "playing" with it for 5-6 years. My main desktop dual boots with Windows 10 and Ubuntu and I have 3 Raspberry Pis. So all I can do is relay my own personal experiences.

Roland0 certainly could be right and the problem could be that the partition isn't mounted properly. It sounds like he is far more knowledgeable than I. However, I have never had to manually mount a hard drive. Maybe I've just been lucky but the 3 varieties of Linux I have used (Ubuntu, Mint and Raspian) have always mounted my drives automatically.

All of the Disk problems I have experienced in Linux have occurred when I was trying to access an NTFS formatted disk. That is a very old Windows format and I doubt that you would be having this problem if that partition were formatted as FAT32. I have read several places that the Linux Kernal only includes read capabilities natively. The write capabilities need to be added with a separate package. It is certainly possilbe that Mint now includes that package, as Roland0 suggests, but it didn't the last time I tried it which was about 3 years ago. I know that Raspian does not include it because I had a problem last week when I installed Raspian Buster on my RPi. I can't remember if I had to add it to Ubuntu or not, it's been to long. Anyway, I have frequently thought about reformatting that drive to eliminate some of these problems but I guess I just to lazy.

Give this a try, when you are booted into Mint use the File Explorer program and see if you can copy a file (any file will do) into the AUD partition. If that is successful then my suggestion probably won't help you. In that event it probably is either a partition mounting issue (as suggested) or a file access permissions issue.

Sorry for your difficulty, Good luck.

JimCo06,

I tried to copy a file from another partition to my AUD partition. I could copy the file but not paste when I picked the AUD partition. There was no paste selection!

And just wait until you get into your 70s. There will be many exiting things happening with your body and brain.

Thanks for the info,

Richard (EEYORE)

To all,

I have given up on Linux. Along with problems with LMS I have had other problems with other simple programs. It seems that the developers of Linux are stuck in the 1980s and do not want to advance into a GUI world. I had the same problems 30 years ago with Linux and I no longer have the time to play with Linux.

Thanks for all of the help,

Richard