Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

one particular Player not found - tried reset router LMS reinstalled player FW

Hi all.

Just installed Volumio and Squeezelite on my Pi3+ today.

However, after I've activated squeezelite plugin on Volumio, I still don't see my Pi in LMS(installed on my Synology NAS), nor in iPeng.

In contrast, I have a Logitech Transporter and it has always been recognised by LMS no problem.

I tried installing Squeezelite-X on my PC and it is working fine as a player as well.

So the only thing doesn't get recognised in LMS is my Pi3+ running Volumio, with squeezelite installed.

I've tried restarting LMS, Restarting the NAS, doing a factory reset on my router...No luck.

I then tried to install moode (with built-in squeezelite), no luck.

What's interesting is, months ago, when I just got the Pi, it was working...And I don't think I've changed any setting.

Has anyone encountered the same issue before?

Quote Originally Posted by qyy920 View Post
    Hi all.

However, after I've activated squeezelite plugin on Volumio, I still don't see my Pi in LMS(installed on my Synology NAS), nor in iPeng.

In contrast, I have a Logitech Transporter and it has always been recognised by LMS no problem.

I tried installing Squeezelite-X on my PC and it is working fine as a player as well.

So the only thing doesn't get recognised in LMS is my Pi3+ running Volumio, with squeezelite installed.

I've tried restarting LMS, Restarting the NAS, doing a factory reset on my router...No luck.

What's interesting is, months ago, when I just got the Pi, it was working...And I don't think I've changed any setting.

Are you sure Squeezelite is actually running on the Volumio device ?
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Are you sure Squeezelite is actually running on the Volumio device ?
    So under Plugin-Installed Plugins, the Squeezelite has a "active" and a green light. I tried a few times toggling it on and off, still no change.

So under Plugin-Installed Plugins, the Squeezelite has a "active" and a green light. I tried a few times toggling it on and off, still no change.
    OK. Assuming it is running is the Volumio Pi on the same network subnet as your LMS and Transporter?
    In fact is it Ethernet or Wi-Fi ?
    Is LMS running on standard port 9000 ?
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

OK. Assuming it is running is the Volumio Pi on the same network subnet as your LMS and Transporter?
    In fact is it Ethernet or Wi-Fi ?
    Is LMS running on standard port 9000 ?
    1. Yes, I've connected all three (Pi, LMS Transporter) by wire under the same router, with static IP to rule out network issue...
    2. Ethernet. Actually I tried both.
    3. Yes. Although it wasn't having any trouble with Transporter before, I still set LMS to 9000. And I did the same on the Pi...no Luck
    Btw, thanks for your kindness and patience!

1. Yes, I've connected all three (Pi, LMS Transporter) by wire under the same router, with static IP to rule out network issue...
    2. Ethernet. Actually I tried both.
    3. Yes. Although it wasn't having any trouble with Transporter before, I still set LMS to 9000. And I did the same on the Pi...no Luck
    Btw, thanks for your kindness and patience!
    In that case I can only conclude that there is something in the Volumio device that is conflicting with Squeezelite
    Is there any particular reason for choosing Volumio over piCorePlayer as the latter pretty much works out of the box ?
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

In that case I can only conclude that there is something in the Volumio device that is conflicting with Squeezelite
    Is there any particular reason for choosing Volumio over piCorePlayer as the latter pretty much works out of the box ?
    I guess so.

The main reason I chose Volumio is because of the plugin called Brutefir.

It allows me to apply a FIR filter (which can be created thru measuring the response of the system).

Being so used to a FIR made specifically for my system and the room, listening to them without the filter is really only 70% of the enjoyment XD...

If i overlooked any good music player system which supports squeezelite and could have FIR filter applied on it would be great!

I guess so.

The main reason I chose Volumio is because of the plugin called Brutefir.

It allows me to apply a FIR filter (which can be created thru measuring the response of the system).

Being so used to a FIR made specifically for my system and the room, listening to them without the filter is really only 70% of the enjoyment XD...

If i overlooked any good music player system which supports squeezelite and could have FIR filter applied on it would be great!
    Understood.
    I imagine that you'll get a better response on the Volumio forums as pretty sure that the issue lies somewhere on your Volumio setup coupled with the squeezelite plugin.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Hi all.

Have you checked for dublet ip addresses on your network ?
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

I know this is an old threat but i had a same problem today and found a solution to rpi with volumio squezelite plugin not showing up in lms. You have to set [(default)] default audio device" in in Output device property in plugin settings.

Name:  volumio_lms.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  27.4 KB

Hope it will help some one in the future