Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB Radio will not stay online

Suddenly when radio is at rest, my SBRadio stays online for only a short period. Previously the digital clock would be displayed always, but it now displays for only a short time and then the radio goes offline. Is there a setting that I may have accidentally changed to cause this behavior or perhaps do I need a new power cable?
    Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Suddenly when radio is at rest, my SBRadio stays online for only a short period. Previously the digital clock would be displayed always, but it now displays for only a short time and then the radio goes offline. Is there a setting that I may have accidentally changed to cause this behavior or perhaps do I need a new power cable?
    Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
    Does it have a battery. Sounds like it is running on battery power. Sometimes the radio can fail to recognise that mains power is connected. Try removing and reinserting the power jack until it starts charging.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Does it have a battery. Sounds like it is running on battery power. Sometimes the radio can fail to recognise that mains power is connected. Try removing and reinserting the power jack until it starts charging.

Thank you, slartibartfast.
    With your help, I think I figured it out. Yes, it has a battery. I think the power cord is faulty and I need a new one. When I reboot the radio it runs on battery power only and when that power runs out the radio stops. The existing power cord will not power the radio. So, I am ordering a new power cord.
    Thank you very much for your input which has led me to this solution. If Iím not wrong, I can order the proper power cord on Amazon?
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Thank you, slartibartfast.
    With your help, I think I figured it out. Yes, it has a battery. I think the power cord is faulty and I need a new one. When I reboot the radio it runs on battery power only and when that power runs out the radio stops. The existing power cord will not power the radio. So, I am ordering a new power cord.
    Thank you very much for your input which has led me to this solution. If Iím not wrong, I can order the proper power cord on Amazon?
    Are you sure the power cord is faulty? I quite often have to reinsert the power jack plug multiple times before the battery charges.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Are you sure the power cord is faulty? I quite often have to reinsert the power jack plug multiple times before the battery charges.

Yes, Iím pretty sure itís a faulty power cord. Since I have a couple SBRadios , I tried a good power cord on the radio in question and the suspected faulty cord on another radio and verified a faulty cord, imo. Ordered a new cord coming tomorrow. Love my SB ecosystem.
    Thank you, again.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.