Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    Appreciate it-- didn't realize it was actually a downloadable extension and will be fairly simple to do.. Upgrading my pi's to the beta and will begin to dabble with that. Thanks!
    My script to start OpenVPN is here https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post875306

There may be others !

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You forgot to take the spaces out of the player name. Dashes are fine
    I think I misunderstood you. The name "Teufel Mute BT" is the name of the headphones that is distributed by them when connecting through Bluetooth. I can not change it.

Just come back from banging my head against the wall. :-(

Sure I can change the name and now it is working without a problem!

Thank you very much for your help!
    Last edited by carsten_h; 2020-02-04 at 08:33.

IQ Audio Pi Codec +

Is there any chance of supporting this device in pCp 6.

Just exploring streaming high quality analog audio say FM Tuner, CD Player, Record Deck etc etc

The streaming seems to be an available feature on the Tweaks page - but the support for this device isn't there.

Just experimenting.

I know I can do it from Raspbian but I was thinking of something running on a small OS, continuously, in the background,
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Headphone Players: x2: pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
    Streamer/Player pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B/IQ Audio Codec+
    Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

We support the hifiberry ADC products. This one might take a little work. They are using the HAT eeprom to automatically load drivers, I'm not sure we have that mechanism in pCP.... (Never researched it) But there are not new drivers published for the card, so I'm not sure what they are using, but the drivers are likely already in the kernel.

Do you have the board? CAn you fire up Raspbian, and get me "dmesg" output and "lsmod" output?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

We support the hifiberry ADC products. This one might take a little work. They are using the HAT eeprom to automatically load drivers, I'm not sure we have that mechanism in pCP.... (Never researched it) But there are not new drivers published for the card, so I'm not sure what they are using, but the drivers are likely already in the kernel.

Do you have the board? CAn you fire up Raspbian, and get me "dmesg" output and "lsmod" output?
    I'll give it a try. Might take me and hour or two
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+

dmesg and lsmod attached - I hope
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a problem with wlan on Pi4/4GB when running beta 6.0.7. I am making the configuration, saving it, than the wlan connection is established, i can see, that pi received the ip for wlan, than shutdown, i am removing the network cable and ... when booting the wlan connection is not established, i have to connect the network cable. I am using the original pi ps, pi is only player with digi+pro, i have another wired pi4 as a server.

One observation - normal kernel with hifiberry dac + pro or digi + pro sounds for my ears better, than the audio kernel, but when i am using pi with one usb dac, than the rt kernel sounds much better. I don't know the reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by praganj View Post
    I have a problem with wlan on Pi4/4GB when running beta 6.0.7. I am making the configuration, saving it, than the wlan connection is established, i can see, that pi received the ip for wlan, than shutdown, i am removing the network cable and ... when booting the wlan connection is not established, i have to connect the network cable. I am using the original pi ps, pi is only player with digi+pro, i have another wired pi4 as a server.

One observation - normal kernel with hifiberry dac + pro or digi + pro sounds for my ears better, than the audio kernel, but when i am using pi with one usb dac, than the rt kernel sounds much better. I don't know the reason for it.
    my preferences with pCP:

normal kernel > audio kernel (with hats)
    no mmap > mmap (with hats)
    pi zero > other pi's (as a player only)
    clean 3v3 > clean 5v (if no use for usb/hdmi)

Quote Originally Posted by praganj View Post

Increase the network delay on the WiFi page. Default is 50 seconds, but we are finding many routers are taking longer sometimes. Otherwise, enable WiFi, make sure it connects. Reboot with your Ethernet plugged in. The get your boot log from the diagnostics pages, and post the contents.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

but for sure spaces in the player name break it. I'll have to add a regex in the html to make sure there are no spaces. I'll have to research if space can be allowed, but I am using the device name in the asound.conf, such that you will be able to use alsaequal with bluetooth devices.
    I found another name that is not working. I renamed the headphone to "Kopfh÷rer" (the german word for headphone) and it is not displayed, so the name should only contain ASCII characters (7bit) I think. If I use "Kopfhoerer" everything is fine.