Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 87 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If you note here the settings that worked here then it might help someone else later.
    Will do.

I have ordered another RaspberryPi 4B and will do it in a more structured way with that one. Today was loan-pi and alot of trial and errors. I will document it down and post.
    /Jan
    Last edited by JaMo; 2020-01-26 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipMonk View Post
    Whilst commissioning my recent RasPi4 pCP v6 setup, I realised that I need to increase my HDD capacity to make it future proof (famous last words!). The most cost- effective way to do this, whilst maintaining maximum flexibility, would be to use Logical Volume Management. I use Stablebit Drivepool on Win10 systems with very satisfactory results but I have no experience of LVM on Linux.

Can LVM be used in the pCP ecosystem with USB attached HDDs? Does anyone have any experience or tips on its implementation and use?

Any help or pointers would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Chip
    You can specify multiple library locations in LMS, so there shouldn't be any need for LVM.

Lvm

Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    You can specify multiple library locations in LMS, so there shouldn't be any need for LVM.
    Yes I'm aware of the wonderfully easy way one can add extra storage to pCP. I simply wanted to not have to keep manually balancing what goes where on several HDDs. Many thank Claus for your reseach and help. I'm afraid I'm a bit "long in the tooth" to start getting in too deeply with Linux programming. I've made too many annoying blunders lately so I'll give LVM a miss and compensate by splashing out on a new, bigger HDD.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JaMo View Post
    Will do.

I have ordered another RaspberryPi 4B and will do it in a more structured way with that one. Today was loan-pi and alot of trial and errors. I will document it down and post.
    /Jan
    This is not so easy. I got the Pi4B+ 2GB today. Flashed on pCP 6.0.0-b7. Chosed an USB 2 port connected to the Mutec MC3+ USB. Nothing. No communicatioon at all. I put in the output setting: iec958:CARD=M20,DEV=0 .

I restarted both units several times. No cmmunication. Then I chosed a USB 3 port on the Pi4 and voilÓ. It works now.

To sum it up. The output setting ( iec958:CARD=M20,DEV=0 ) is valid. But it still was a challange to get the communication to start. I have no patent solution but don't give up. I succeeded eventually, twice.

For what it's worth/Jan

pCP 6.0.0 with USB

Hi,
    I recently bought a WD Red 10TB HDD which I use in a Raidsonic Icy Box enclosure. When mounting this USB HDD to pCP 6.0.0, the drive gets mounted as well as a 16MB "something else".

Name:  mount.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  75.9 KB

Although all works very well, I am just wondering what this "something else" could be? The Icy Box enclosure?

PS. I'm using a USB stick for the cache.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    I recently bought a WD Red 10TB HDD
    Did you partitioned the drive when you got it (you should always do it with new drives, because you don't know what is installed)?
    Maybe it is the rest of the drive that can not used for the partition with the ntfs filesystem because it is too small for a block (it is only 16MB in size).

Thanks.
    Yes, it is initiated, partitioned and formatted. Just one partition which uses the complete available space.

Just one partition which uses the complete available space.
    Which partitionformat did you used? GPT or MBR? Maybe the other one is using the 16MB. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Which partitionformat did you used? GPT or MBR? Maybe the other one is using the 16MB. :-)
    I just connected the drive to my PC and Disk Management shows this:

Name:  partition.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  45.2 KB

Not sure where I can find any info regarding GPT or MBR?

I just connected the drive to my PC and Disk Management shows this:

Name:  partition.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  45.2 KB

Not sure where I can find any info regarding GPT or MBR?
    Right Click on "Disk 9" then properties then volumes tab

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS