Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1198
  1. #781
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,754
    Ronnie,

    I have the separate board that has the remove interface too, but I suspect the power button works the same. I'll try to dig it out and test it.

    Paul
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  2. #782
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wunstorf, Germany
    Posts
    154
    Hello!

    I want to use a Raspberry Pi 4 as a LMS server with the piCorePlayer installation. This will be no problem.
    I want to place this into this case: https://www.argon40.com/catalog/prod...rry-pi-4-case/
    This case has a software for using the Power-Button together with eg. Raspbian.

    Does anyone know if this software button will also work somehow together with piCorePlayer? So is it possible to switch it off gracefully with the button?
    This case has also been available for older Raspberry Pi.

    The script for the button and the fan seems to be this one: https://download.argon40.com/argon1.sh

  3. #783
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Ronnie,

    I have the separate board that has the remove interface too, but I suspect the power button works the same. I'll try to dig it out and test it.

    Paul

    Thanks Paul, in your own time. I'm helping a chap on another forum who has the same set-up.

    Just to reiterate that the power button and script work with pCP v5.0.1 on the rpi3B.

    As an aside, I used this set up on the Rasbian Stretch OS in 2018, I'll try to remember (google) the install routine and give it a go on Buster when I get a chance.

    cheers

    ronnie

  4. #784
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Thanks Paul, in your own time. I'm helping a chap on another forum who has the same set-up.

    Just to reiterate that the power button and script work with pCP v5.0.1 on the rpi3B.
    Have you tried doing it without the script and instead using dtoverlay? You'll have to check if the GPIO pins are the same, but I've had success with these settings and the PI-SPC II board by Audiophonics.

  5. #785
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Hello!

    I want to use a Raspberry Pi 4 as a LMS server with the piCorePlayer installation. This will be no problem.
    I want to place this into this case: https://www.argon40.com/catalog/prod...rry-pi-4-case/
    This case has a software for using the Power-Button together with eg. Raspbian.

    Does anyone know if this software button will also work somehow together with piCorePlayer? So is it possible to switch it off gracefully with the button?
    This case has also been available for older Raspberry Pi.

    The script for the button and the fan seems to be this one: https://download.argon40.com/argon1.sh
    It's using gpio to shutdown, so it should work just fine. You won't use that script, you just need to know what GPIO pins you are hooked up to.....and there are options in the tweaks page of our interface.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #786
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It's using gpio to shutdown, so it should work just fine. You won't use that script, you just need to know what GPIO pins you are hooked up to.....and there are options in the tweaks page of our interface.
    I also have this RPi4 case.
    From the script itself, i saw that: 'shutdown_pin=4'.
    I suppose that is the pin used for shutdown command.
    And, it must be pulled down: 'pull_up_down=GPIO.PUD_DOWN'

  7. #787
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wunstorf, Germany
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoszx View Post
    I also have this RPi4 case.'
    Oh, great!
    I saw that the fan is controlled by the software to use different speeds at different temperatures. There is a software running in background for this.
    I think this will not be available in piCorePlayer installation.

    Is the fan running at full speed when no software is running or is it shut off completely?

  8. #788
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,754
    Some use a user space program, but There is fan control in the kernel..... not sure if they use this or not?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  9. #789
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    107

    LMS 8 on piCorePlayer

    Is it possible to install LMS 8 on piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 ?

  10. #790
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    Is it possible to install LMS 8 on piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 ?
    Yes.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •