Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1338
  1. #741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    2,194
    Unexpected user alpha2: "G
    Try taking the quotes out
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  2. #742
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3

    no network found

    Hi,

    I have a Pi Zero WH with a ETH-USB-HAT from Waveshare.
    While booting there is the error: Waiting for network..................................No network found! Done (52).

    I want to connect with Ethernet. With setup Wifi in cli the setting is empty after exit the menu.
    A static IP with wired can be saved but I do not get a internet connection.

    I tried the beta pCP 6.0.0-b7 and the releases 5.0, 4.1., 3.5.

    When I plug in the sd card to a Pi 2 or 3 everything is working fine.

    Is this maybe a drive issue or is there a configuration missing?

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Try taking the quotes out

    Ah, if I remove the quotes from the wpa_supplicant.conf file (which kinda contradicts the sample) to get the following line:
    country=GB

    then the kernel panic goes away, thanks.

    However the problem of "no sound" apparently continues, and I'm still not sure if I should see Bluetooth as a Squeezelite Output Device.

  4. #744
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,903
    Bluetooth is completely separate from the squeezelite page. Please send your bluetooth logs.


    I think you are going to be disappointed in this setup, as the rpi wireless chip does not play that nicely with WiFi and Bluetooth. Using a usb WiFi stick getting it away from the rpi will work. Or use one of the newer Rpi board that support 5G WiFi.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  5. #745
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,903
    Davis,

    You need to add load the net usb kernel modules.

    Add a file named “netusb”. On your boot partition.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Bluetooth is completely separate from the squeezelite page. Please send your bluetooth logs.

    I think you are going to be disappointed in this setup, as the rpi wireless chip does not play that nicely with WiFi and Bluetooth. Using a usb WiFi stick getting it away from the rpi will work. Or use one of the newer Rpi board that support 5G WiFi.
    To be honest I think I'll give up with the rPi0w and Bluetooth/WiFi onboard. I've already got a DAC on the way, so I'm happy to wait for that to arrive. Wires are pretty hard to argue with, and I can tuck it all behind the speaker.

    Thanks for the support and advice thus far; this really is a great project, and I suspect it's filled more than a few homes with music!

  7. #747
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Davis,

    You need to add load the net usb kernel modules.

    Add a file named “netusb”. On your boot partition.
    Did you mean to address this to TWART016 rather than me?

  8. #748
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Davis,

    You need to add load the net usb kernel modules.

    Add a file named “netusb”. On your boot partition.

    Hi paul,

    if you mean me:

    I created the file netusb on the bbot partition. Now there is the entry
    Code:
    netusb file found on mmcblk0p1
    Loading net-usb kernel modules
    mount: /tmp/tcloop/net-usb-4.19.80-pcpCore: failed to setup loop device for /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/net-usb-4.19.80-pcpCore.tcz.
    newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1
    With wpa_supplicant.conf the wifi is now enabled but I do not get a IP address. What is the format in the config file / setup for the encryption? WPA? WPA-PSK?

  9. #749
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Davis,

    You need to add load the net usb kernel modules.

    Add a file named “netusb”. On your boot partition.
    Hi paul,

    if you mean me:

    I created the file netusb. After that I get the error:
    Code:
    netusb file found on mmcblk0p1
    Loading net-usb kernel modules.
    mount: /tmp/tcloop/net-usb-4.19.80-pcpCore: failed to setup loop device for /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/net-usb-4.19.80-pcpCore.tcz.
    newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1.
    With wpa_supplicant the wifi is now enabled but I still get no ip address. What is the format in config file or setup in GUI for encryption? WPA? WPA-PSK?

  10. #750
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    To be honest I think I'll give up with the rPi0w and Bluetooth/WiFi onboard. I've already got a DAC on the way, so I'm happy to wait for that to arrive. Wires are pretty hard to argue with, and I can tuck it all behind the speaker.

    Thanks for the support and advice thus far; this really is a great project, and I suspect it's filled more than a few homes with music!
    Yep. DAC just arrived this morning, soldered the headers in place and just plugged it in. It all just works, and it replaces my dead SB3. Hurrah!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •