Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 64 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Power cycle the headphones after starting pCP. pCP is set to allow any paired device to automatically connect, so the connection is driven from the Bluetooth device.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I have tried your procedure without success. When i restart squeezelite, the Headphone connection is restored. When PCP ist rebootet and after this the Headphone is powered on,
    the Headphone is trying to connect with PCP without success (the Headphone is telling me that). My Headphone is a Bose QC35 II.

EDIT: This is the logfile after reboot and Headphone on.

Starting BT Controller
    bcm43xx_init
    Set BDADDR UART: b8:27:eb:40:2e:d0
    Set Controller UART speed to 3000000 bit/s
    Device setup complete
    RPi Bluetooth Hardware Address: B8:27:EB:40:2E0
    Starting pCP BT Pairing Agent
    BT Controller Ready
    01-01 01:00 INFO Starting pCP BT Speaker Daemon v6.0.0...
    01-01 01:00 INFO Starting connection signal handlers.
    Last edited by Gerhardc; 2019-12-09 at 07:24.
    2 Picoreplayer with Hifiberry DAC/ADC pro with Jivelite 7" Display
    3 Picoreplayer with IQaudio DigiAmp+ with Jivelite 7" Display
    2 RaspberryPi Zero
    2 Picoreplayer RPI4+ LMS8.1.1
    Marantz PM-15S1 amplifier.

random: slimserver.pl: uninitialized urandom read

I'm getting a number of messages in the form: "[ 12.526153] random: slimserver.pl: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)", also with 32, 64 and 256 bytes read, at the end of my dmesg output. Is this anything to worry about? It suggests that the process slimserver.pl is trying to read unrandom before it is initialised. From the information here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...n#/dev/urandom , the suggestion would be to use the getrandom() system call rather than reading the /dev/urandom device.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Do you have a wiring diagram for the whole thing?.....but it sounds like you need to do some rewiring.
    Unfortunately not. I could simply re-route the button to another unused GPIO pin, but the board is far too delicate for me to attempt it.

Note though ... all 4 buttons and audio device work together on Raspbian using the Pimoroni scripts / set-up - so there is something clever going on behind the scenes.
    I have not had time to look inside their scripts to see all that they do (and I don't have the hardware to experiment with)
    I asked about it on the Pimoroni forum but no authoritative response to it yet.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Note though ... all 4 buttons and audio device work together on Raspbian using the Pimoroni scripts / set-up - so there is something clever going on behind the scenes.
    I have not had time to look inside their scripts to see all that they do (and I don't have the hardware to experiment with)
    I asked about it on the Pimoroni forum but no authoritative response to it yet.
    When I first tried to configure the buttons under pCP6-b7, using sbpd, the sound played very slowly. The fix was to start the pigpio daemon in PWM mode, rather than PCM, with 'pigpiod -t 0'. Now all four buttons work normally and the sound plays normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhardc View Post
    I have tried your procedure without success. When i restart squeezelite, the Headphone connection is restored. When PCP ist rebootet and after this the Headphone is powered on,
    the Headphone is trying to connect with PCP without success (the Headphone is telling me that). My Headphone is a Bose QC35 II.

EDIT: This is the logfile after reboot and Headphone on.

Starting BT Controller
    bcm43xx_init
    Set BDADDR UART: b8:27:eb:40:2e:d0
    Set Controller UART speed to 3000000 bit/s
    Device setup complete
    RPi Bluetooth Hardware Address: B8:27:EB:40:2E0
    Starting pCP BT Pairing Agent
    BT Controller Ready
    01-01 01:00 INFO Starting pCP BT Speaker Daemon v6.0.0...
    01-01 01:00 INFO Starting connection signal handlers.
    That just confirms that the headphones are not trying to connect. What happens if you press the connect button on the pCP interface?

Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    I'm getting a number of messages in the form: "[ 12.526153] random: slimserver.pl: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)", also with 32, 64 and 256 bytes read, at the end of my dmesg output. Is this anything to worry about? It suggests that the process slimserver.pl is trying to read unrandom before it is initialised. From the information here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...n#/dev/urandom , the suggestion would be to use the getrandom() system call rather than reading the /dev/urandom device.
    It's because running headless, the linux kernel doesn't have the many sources for entropy, so it takes time. If you are really bothered by it, you can install a rng daemon, that will use the rpi processor hardware entropy generator to fill the random pool. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it for a Music server.

The connect button is not available after reboot PCP. The message "No Paired Device" in the device pairing section is visible.
    2 Picoreplayer with Hifiberry DAC/ADC pro with Jivelite 7" Display
    3 Picoreplayer with IQaudio DigiAmp+ with Jivelite 7" Display
    2 RaspberryPi Zero
    2 Picoreplayer RPI4+ LMS8.1.1
    Marantz PM-15S1 amplifier.

Sounds like something is not getting backed up, When you pair your headphones, you should see

[ INFO ] Pairing Successful

Followed by some messages about a backup being done.

I can add a screen shot this evening.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-12-09 at 14:57.