Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes, wiring pi needs updated. Gordon has not released the source code with the updates, so I made some updates myself, but perhaps there is something else needed. Does gpio readall show the proper stated of the gpio?
    Thanks Paul

gpio readall gives the following. Nothing seems to change if I run it again with a button pressed though. And if I use 'gpio read 24', I always get a value of '1' whether the button is pressed or not.

Code:
    tc@pCPLoungePi4:~$ gpio readall
     +-----+-----+---------+------+---+---Pi 4B--+---+------+---------+-----+-----+
     | BCM | wPi |   Name  | Mode | V | Physical | V | Mode | Name    | wPi | BCM |
     +-----+-----+---------+------+---+----++----+---+------+---------+-----+-----+
     |     |     |    3.3v |      |   |  1 || 2  |   |      | 5v      |     |     |
     |   2 |   8 |   SDA.1 | ALT2 | 1 |  3 || 4  |   |      | 5v      |     |     |
     |   3 |   9 |   SCL.1 | ALT2 | 0 |  5 || 6  |   |      | 0v      |     |     |
     |   4 |   7 | GPIO. 7 | ALT0 | 0 |  7 || 8  | 0 | ALT0 | TxD     | 15  | 14  |
     |     |     |      0v |      |   |  9 || 10 | 1 | ALT2 | RxD     | 16  | 15  |
     |  17 |   0 | GPIO. 0 |  OUT | 1 | 11 || 12 | 1 | IN   | GPIO. 1 | 1   | 18  |
     |  27 |   2 | GPIO. 2 | ALT5 | 1 | 13 || 14 |   |      | 0v      |     |     |
     |  22 |   3 | GPIO. 3 | ALT5 | 0 | 15 || 16 | 1 | ALT0 | GPIO. 4 | 4   | 23  |
     |     |     |    3.3v |      |   | 17 || 18 | 1 | IN   | GPIO. 5 | 5   | 24  |
     |  10 |  12 |    MOSI |  OUT | 1 | 19 || 20 |   |      | 0v      |     |     |
     |   9 |  13 |    MISO | ALT2 | 0 | 21 || 22 | 1 | ALT4 | GPIO. 6 | 6   | 25  |
     |  11 |  14 |    SCLK |   IN | 0 | 23 || 24 | 1 | ALT5 | CE0     | 10  | 8   |
     |     |     |      0v |      |   | 25 || 26 | 1 | ALT4 | CE1     | 11  | 7   |
     |   0 |  30 |   SDA.0 | ALT4 | 1 | 27 || 28 | 0 | ALT3 | SCL.0   | 31  | 1   |
     |   5 |  21 | GPIO.21 | ALT1 | 1 | 29 || 30 |   |      | 0v      |     |     |
     |   6 |  22 | GPIO.22 | ALT4 | 1 | 31 || 32 | 1 | IN   | GPIO.26 | 26  | 12  |
     |  13 |  23 | GPIO.23 | ALT2 | 1 | 33 || 34 |   |      | 0v      |     |     |
     |  19 |  24 | GPIO.24 | ALT2 | 1 | 35 || 36 | 0 | ALT1 | GPIO.27 | 27  | 16  |
     |  26 |  25 | GPIO.25 | ALT0 | 1 | 37 || 38 | 0 | IN   | GPIO.28 | 28  | 20  |
     |     |     |      0v |      |   | 39 || 40 | 1 | ALT3 | GPIO.29 | 29  | 21  |
     +-----+-----+---------+------+---+----++----+---+------+---------+-----+-----+
     | BCM | wPi |   Name  | Mode | V | Physical | V | Mode | Name    | wPi | BCM |
     +-----+-----+---------+------+---+---Pi 4B--+---+------+---------+-----+-----+

Short and sweet announcement, but for those that have a new PI4 and want to use pCP......Only an image is offered, as we had to increase partition sizes to accommodate the PI4 firmware/kernels. One image still supports all rpi boards.....

https://repo.picoreplayer.org/insitu...er6.0.0-b1.zip

pCP 6.0.0-b1
    • Kernel 4.19.57
    • RPi Firmware 2019/07/05
    • Not many other changes.........

There are a few other things we are working on for the final 6.0.0 release, however we wanted to get something working on the PI4.
    Fantastic! Thanks for the hard work - look forward to trying this on my 4B as soon as I get chance...

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Nothing seems to change if I run it again with a button pressed though. And if I use 'gpio read 24', I always get a value of '1' whether the button is pressed or not.
    I'd forgotten that without sbpd I need to configure the pins manually, i.e. I need to set each pin to be input or output, and I need to set the pull-up resistor as required. But I still can't get it to register a button press.

With:
    Code:
    gpio mode 24 in
    gpio mode 24 up
    gpio read 24
    ...I get a value of 1 regardless of whether I'm pressing a button. Even with 'gpio mode 24 down', which I thought should pull the pin to GND, I still get a value of 1. However, the table that's output by gpio readall does update to show that GPIO24 is now set up as an input pin.

I can't seem to set a value for GPIO24 either. With:
    Code:
    gpio mode 24 out
    gpio write 24 0
    ...the value stays at 1.

I wonder if this is me overlooking something, or if there an issue with the latest gpio utility and the RPi4. I'll have another go this evening, without my button pcb and just using a jump wire. I'll also compare with what I get on a 3B+.

rPi4 - incorrect USB-C design

Not sure if anyone has posted this. Not a deal breaker, but useful to know.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...some-chargers/
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I'll also compare with what I get on a 3B+.
    More GPIO testing.

Without anything connected to the GPIO pins on my 4B I'm still finding that I'm unable to change the value on a given pin, but on a 3B+ it's behaving as expected. The version number is 2.46 on the 3B+ and 2.52 on the 4B.

Specifically:
    Code:
    gpio mode 24 in
    gpio mode 24 up
    ... should pull the pin high, to give a value of '1', but since this is the default state there's no apparent change.

If I follow that with:
    Code:
    gpio mode 24 down
    ... this should pull the pin to GND, and give a value of '0'. On the 3B+ this works, but it doesn't on the 4B. Calling 'gpio mode 24 up' again on the 3B+ toggles the state back to '1'.

On the 3B+ I can use:
    Code:
    gpio mode 24 out
    gpio write 24 1 (or 0)
    ... to set the pin state accordingly, but on the 4B the state doesn't change.

Once I realised that the pin numbers used by gpio aren't the same as those used by sbpd, and that I need to use the '-g' parameter to make gpio interpret them as BCM, I have been able to change the pin state on the 3B+ with my push button pcb, but not on the 4B. I issue:
    Code:
    gpio -g mode 24 in
    gpio -g mode 24 up
    ... to match the configuration used with sbpd (b,24,PAUS,2,0), i.e. 2=pull-up, 0=the pressed state. This sets the value to '1' (thanks to the pull-up resistor). My button connects GPIO24 to GND, so when I press it the value changes to '0' on the 3B+, but not on the 4B.

So at this stage it seems to me that either the latest version of wiringpi, 2.52, intended to be compatible with the 4B, isn't working as expected, or, more likely, I've forgotten to install something on the 4B to make it work properly.

Likely there is something missing in the memory addressing, The RPI docs aren't complete yet, and without his sources......

For now, I just rebuilt the package based on Gordon's debian package, luckily there are no dependencies, so it's binary compatable here.

Update wiriingpi from the extension browser or from command line (pcp-update wiringpi.tcz)
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Update wiriingpi from the extension browser or from command line (pcp-update wiringpi.tcz)
    With this version, I *can* now set the state of an output pin with the gpio write command. I'd need to go back to an earlier image to double check, but I'm fairly sure I wasn't able to do that prior to the update. I'll go back and check this evening though.

I still can't set the state of an input pin by setting the pull-up or pull-down resistor. Whenever I set it to be an input pin, its value changes to 0, regardless of the resistor setting, and even if I had previously set it up as an output pin with a value of '1'. So with a value of '0' already, using a button to short it to GND does nothing.
    Last edited by chill; 2019-07-09 at 22:17.

I'll go back and check this evening though.
    Confirmed. I went back to the raw pCP6.0.0-b1 image, and am unable to write a value to an output pin. But after the update I can. Same version number (2.52) but different behaviour, and still not working for input pins.

NFS mount issue

Just to advise I have now experienced NFS mount issues - not many but enough to indicate that there may be an issue that needs addressing.

My Pi4 is wired.
    My NAS is also wired (obviously).
    I am using a standard NFS mount - no vers= declared as default is working.
    The NAS is mounted by a number of other network devices with zero issue.
    On some Pi4 reboots the mounts fails on others (most) it is fine
    I think the Pi4 is trying to mount before the network is fully up.
    While testing the Pi4 is DHCP but of course as an LMS server I would reserve or make static so it could be the DHCP server (my Draytek router) taking too long to issue an IP.
    Perhaps the boot sequence needs to be altered or more checks put in place before the mount command is run?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Hi,

there are reports on network issues concerning rpi4, maybe there is a bug in Ethernet/PHY driver; see:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux...ment-507378119

best wishes pbg4